Another week is over. While the content management community on Twitter was debating whether WordPress is a CMS (see Word of Pie's blog post and CMS Myth's take), many other Enterprise CMS, Web CMS and related happenings took place.
Here's the top news you might've missed along with our most popular reads, new job posts, featured events and more.
- Autonomy Interwoven Combines WCM, Search, Rich Media in Single Platform. Cha-cha-changes coming to Autonomy Interwoven, as the company announces major enhancements for its web content management system with integrated WCM, search, optimization and rich media.
- Key Questions Rarely Asked About Website Content Migration. Benjamin Franklin said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Obviously, Ben wasn’t thinking about migrating content from one Web CMS to another. But we all know how his words apply here.
- Alfresco Offers Cloud-based SMB Edition of its Enterprise CMS. Alfresco now has something for the little guy. An Amazon EC2-based SMB version of Alfresco's Enterprise CMS is in beta. Just pay and go. Using shampoo and conditioner is now a more complicated task.
- 10 Important Issues For Risk and Compliance Managers (Part 1). Based on conversations with industry experts and customers, we've compiled 10 of the most important issues for compliance professionals. Here you give you a look at the first 5.
- SharePoint Portal Alternatives - A Credible List. We took a look at some of these "SharePoint Alternatives" and let you know what SharePoint functionality they replace. Here's what we found.
- A New ASP.NET Security Framework Comes with Bitrix Site Manager 4.6. To test the product, it was let loose at the a recent Russian hacking event, Chaos Construction 9, where it staved off thousands of attempted attacks.
- eZ Systems Targets iPhone, iPad Publishing with Mobile WCM Toolkit, Services. The wired world is jibber-jabbing about iPhones, iPads and the next generation of publishing. Open source Web CMS eZ Publish now includes a new iPhone and iPad content delivery product.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle Google's analytics data.
- How Document Management Has Evolved in SharePoint 2010. Adam Harmetz, Lead Program Manager for SharePoint Document and Records Management, gives us a tour around new DM features in SharePoint 2010.
- Red Hat Launches Opensource.com. Red Hat, one of the poster children of the Linux and open source communities, has launched a new online community to promote open source across various industries.
- 8 Ways Web Content Management has Improved in SharePoint 2010. Some say that Microsoft hasn't really made many changes to SharePoint 2007's web content management functionality for SharePoint 2010. While the underlying architecture may not have changed, there are some improvements.
- Microsoft Compares Their Hosted Service to Google Apps. We know there is increasing competition for cloud-based services. But one of the biggest competitions -- between Google and Microsoft -- just got a little more interesting.
- Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Omniture. The point? No, measuring Facebook stuff is nothing new, but it looks like this year it's going to become increasingly important.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. Did you know you can run SharePoint 2010 environments on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP1?
Polls and Your Votes
The release date for SharePoint 2010 is around the corner. So we asked you about your plans, and so far the majority of votes seems to indicate that SharePoint 2010 is not at the top of priorities list.
Do you agree? Click the link below and let us know.
Also, check out our previous poll results:
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Technology Bloggers for Justmeans.com at Justmeans
- Development Project Manager at Objective
- Experienced UX Designer at Tanagram Partners
- Sales Executive/Representative at Socialtext
- Technical Writer - Software Applications at Bamboo Solutions
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.