And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'…”
(Soundtrack for this weekly review: Janis Joplin, Summertime)
Social media in the enterprise was a summertime hot topic this week, as Enterprise CMS vendors Autonomy and Open Text expanded their social workplace offerings, while focusing on monitoring, governance and compliance of social interactions.
Livin’ is easy in the social space, as long as best practices are followed. As we continued exploring Web Engagement Management, we looked at tips for more effective social engagement for your business and bad habits to avoid. One of them – don’t engage for the technology’s sake.
Spreading the wings, Web CMS vendor Ektron decided to fry bigger fish via a new partnership. While the vendor is trying to attract larger brands, we can’t help but wonder whether the partner ecosystem will change its attitude about Ektron’s partner relationship practices following the recent critical outbursts.
- WEM Fundamentals: Best Practices for Social Engagement. There is no shortage of means for engaging in the social media landscape, and engage we must, goes the current industry imperative. But best practices are in short supply.
- Ektron Wants to Fry Bigger WCM Fish. Ektron still has its sights on the enterprise market and bigger brands that they want to serve with their CMS400.NET Web CMS. But to fry bigger fish, one needs a bigger boat (among other things).
- #eeci2010 ExpressionEngine 2.1, MojoMotor Web CMS Soon to be Released by EllisLab. EllisLab is channeling its energetic growth into commercial markets, formalizing community resources as official EE "projects", and releasing a new product called MojoMotor.
- WEM Perspectives: The Relevance of Relevance. Every click and every second counts. So optimize your marketing campaigns by focusing on delivering relevant, personally meaningful messages.
- Alfresco Offers Migration Services For Its Enterprise CMS. Alfresco partners with EntropySoft to make it easier for new customers to migrate their data.
- Yammer Brings Microblogging to Microsoft SharePoint. If there was any doubt about Yammer being *the* go-to solution for enterprise microblogging, it was quelled last night when the platform announced its integration with Microsoft SharePoint 2007.
- GRC: Let’s Talk About Governance. Although risk is the often the most discussed element of GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance), it is important to understand all aspects. Let's start with Governance.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Web Design: Top 5 Wireframing Tools. As more wireframe tools become available, the focus is shifting to include IA. Here is a selection of wireframes that are sure to prove useful
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality. Most of our readers have a pretty clear idea of what SharePoint is. However, many people misperceive its core functions. Here's a concise response to the simple question: What is SharePoint?
- 5 Reasons Why SharePoint 2010 Will Revolutionize Your Organization. It’s time for a revolution! The days of email and network share collaboration are over.
- The Rise of "Intelligent" Enterprise Content Management. Despite the pessimism from some corners, the impending death of Enterprise Content Management is overstated. Rather, from what I see, the intelligent content race is on.
- Document Management Roll-up: Dell Gets Into Document Management, Alfresco Offers Content Migration. Dell continues its move into the managed services market by adding document management to its printers. Alfresco is also making moves by making content migration to its ECM easier than ever.
- Web Design: The Reason Why Ad Agency Websites are Truly Awful. Advertising agencies don't get the Web because the web is the place people go to do things.
- New Relic Offers Lucene and Solr Performance Monitoring. For those whose Web CMS lives in the Ruby, Ruby on Rails, or Java worlds, New Relic's offerings could be worth checking out. And if you handle your search with Solr, trying them certainly couldn't hurt.
Our Polls and Your Votes
Check out our recent poll results and commentary from industry experts:
- Poll Results: SharePoint 2010 Implementations Focused on Collaboration
- Poll Results: Web Analytics Need More Love
- Poll Results: Usability is Top DAM Challenge
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Content Manager at InTouch
- Project Manager at Brain Traffic
- User Experience UX Designer at granicus
- Entry Level Software Sales at Axceler
- Enterprise Technical Writer at Google
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Jun 17, 2010 – Webinar: Expand Your Online Strategy Beyond the Website
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability