It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
(Soundtrack for this week: U2 - It's a Beautiful Day)
Greetings and wishes of a good weekend! Here's my weekly roll-up of what's been shaking in Web CMS, Enterprise CMS and related technologies.
Here at CMSWire, we continued to delve into the matters of site and content optimization. Some of the topics we discussed include the importance of mobile strategy, usability vs. user experience and best practices for content optimization.
We also launched a poll "Do You Have the Knowledge and Tools to Optimize Your Website?" Have your say.
In Chicago, Day Software kicked off the first leg of their Day Ignite tour. While there's still a veil of mystery around the Adobe+Day vision and integration points (until the deal closes on October 28), we did get a look at the next release of (the so very mobile) CQ5 Web CMS and had a chance to get some burning questions answered.
- Content and Site Optimization: Guidance from the Field. This month we put aside some time to discuss our favorite 'O' word: Optimization.
- Sneak Peek into Day's CQ 5.4 CMS #dayignite. Unveiled at Day Ignite in Chicago, here's a look at what to expect from Day and their next release of CQ 5.4 Web CMS.
- Afflicted Governance Vendor Vamosa Finds a Buyer. Our sources say that Vamosa has been sold after falling into administration.
- 7 Issues to Consider When Selecting a Web CMS for your Intranet. Martin White summarizes some of the issues that need to be considered.
- Microsoft (SharePoint), IBM and Oracle Make Gartner’s Portal Magic Quadrant. The latest Magic Quadrant report shows a shift towards Web 2.0, cloud and consumer-facing portals.
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Is Oracle Really Going After EMC? Let’s try and read the smoke signals that suggest Oracle is in the market to buy EMC.
- Microsoft Getting Ready to Update BPOS With SharePoint 2010. With 40 million seats sold of BPOS (Business Productivity Online Services), Microsoft says their customers are embracing the cloud and it's only going to get better.
- Why Corporate Communicators are Failing Social Media. If social media is so big and booming and awesome, why are companies still struggling to effectively make use of it?
- Interest in Records Management Rises, Email Still Badly Managed. Research shows that the real bad boy in records management is email management.
- Microsoft Launches Windows Phone 7, Will it App-eal to Enough People? As with its Internet Explorer browser, Windows Mobile-powered phones have been dropping in popularity for years.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Web and Digital Media Designer at Morningstar, Inc.
- Copywriter at Ignite Social Media
- Social Media Specialist at Experian Consumer Direct
- Inside Sales Representative at Halogen Network
- Web Developer at IDEO
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- Oct 20, 2010 – Webinar: Managing Websites in the Cloud
- Nov 2, 2010 – Day Ignite - Berlin 2010
- Nov 15, 2010 – Henry Stewart DAM Conference 2010 Los Angeles
- Nov 17, 2010 – Nuxeo World - Paris 2010