And so it is
Just like you said it would be…
(Soundtrack for this weekly review: Damien Rice, The Blower's Daughter)
It sure looks like Web CMS vendors can’t take their minds off WEM, approaching the three-letter acronym (the one we haven’t been able to take our eyes off lately) from many different directions of adjacent technologies.
Sitecore, for example, was all about email management and delivering personalized and qualitatively measurable email campaigns. EPiServer boosted its CMS and community platform with a long-promised integration with an e-Commerce module. SDL released its own integrated e-Commerce offering as well.
All in search for glory, until they find something new to do, when another three-letter acronym to live by is invented.
In the meantime, here are some of the most important happenings of this week in the industry:
- EPiServer Weaves Engagement, e-Commerce, Web CMS and Social Community. More news from the land of Web Engagement Management, where EPiServer has been creating some WEM magic.
- Sitecore's Email Management Tool Ties In WCM, CRM and WEM. Sitecore has been looking at the concept of how email management is fitting in WEM beyond click-throughs and open rates.
- SmartTarget: Integrated Marketing and eCommerce from SDL. SDL SmartTarget is an integrated with Web CMS tool for profile-based marketing and e-commerce focused on personalization in Web engagement.
- Goodbye Corporate Website – Hello Web Presence Management Framework? Julie Hunt has a two-part series investigating how such Management Framework could look like and the future role of WCM/WEM platforms, where WCM/WEM may be the hub or one of the components.
- Does Your Web CMS Integrate With SharePoint 2010? SharePoint 2010 has built-in web content management capabilities, but that doesn't stop a number of WCM vendors from integrating their own solutions.
- Enterprise 2.0 Boston Conference Highlights. The focus of this year's Enterprise 2.0 Conference in Boston can be summed up in one word: Collaboration.
- eXo Adds Web Content Management Module to GateIn Portal. In a similar manner to how it offers social capabilities to the GateIn Portal, eXo now offers web content management.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Web Design: Top 5 Wireframing Tools. As more wireframe tools become available, the focus is shifting to include IA. Here is a selection of wireframes that are sure to prove useful.
- WEM Perspectives: Who Are the Leaders in Web Engagement Management? Many a vendor is clamoring for a leading role. But who are the real leaders and the coming challengers? Let's have a look.
- Overview: SharePoint 2010 Metadata and Taxonomy Management. It would appear that SharePoint 2010 includes many new features under the umbrella of Enterprise Metadata Management, and they seem to have addressed some key issues. Here are the highlights.
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality. Most of our readers have a pretty clear idea of what SharePoint is. However, many people misperceive its core functions. Here's a concise response to the simple question: What is SharePoint?
- IBM Buys Coremetrics, Enhances Social Media Analytics. While IBM is not short of analytics, particularly business-related analytics, this model gives them a SaaS product.
- Using SharePoint for Your Intranet: Focus on Usability. In 2009, half of the winning intranets, as determined by Jakob Nielsen, used SharePoint, specifically the MOSS platform.
- Google Caffeine is Search on Steroids, Bing Should Take Notes. Google switched over to a new search indexing system this week. Aptly named Caffeine, the architecture is said to be faster than previous technology, and provides 50% fresher results.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- UX Designer at Analyte Media
- .Net Developer at Modea
- Business Analytics Manager at Facebook
- Marketing/PR Manager, US office at Huddle
- Content Manager at Aquent
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Jun 29, 2010 – Live Panel Discussion: How to Optimize Your Online Strategy (London)
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability