This week, we kicked off a theme focused on enterprise collaboration. With more exploration of the topic to come throughout August, let's look at this week's highlights:
- Collaboration – If it Were That Easy We Would all Do It – Well. If collaboration sounds daunting, you are right. But there are ways to put a framework around your assessment.
- Enterprise Collaboration: It's About the Culture, Stupid. If we understand the importance of collaboration, then why do organizations have such a difficult time fostering it?
- Collaborative Culture, or the Real Enterprise 2.0. The "real" Enterprise 2.0 is not a technology or marketing plan, but the reinvention of the enterprise itself.
- Perspectives: How CMS Fits in an Enterprise Collaboration Environment. Let's have a look at how to approach enterprise collaboration when thinking about a new Web CMS or Enterprise CMS implementation.
- When Should Management Push Enterprise 2.0 Adoption? In considering adoption, we have the push strategy (by management), and the pull strategy (viral, organically spreads).
- What Buyers of Enterprise 2.0 Solutions Need to Consider Before Making a Purchase. Large and small organizations display stereotypical differences in the way they handle process change.
- Three Things to Consider in Your Enterprise Collaboration Strategy. A solid collaboration strategy encompasses 3 key things.
And in other industry news:
- Perspectives: What the Adobe + Day Software Deal Means, Part 2. A flurry of reactions, speculations and pontifications later, we're having a second look at the Adobe + Day deal (Part 1 is here) and its impact on the industry.
- Are Open Source Applications Really Less Secure? Ever wonder how secure your open source web application really is? Security company Qualys has a tool called BlindElephant that can tell you, and they have run some tests.
- Goodbye Google Wave, Hello Facebook Killer? You heard it right! Google Wave, the collaboration/communication platform that was once postulated to be the Second Coming of e-mail, is getting the ax.
- Have a Sneak Peek at SDL Tridion 2011. A community technology preview (CTP) of the upcoming SDL Tridion 2011 leaks of what it has improved upon and added are starting to surface.
- When Web Content Management Systems Go Social. Despite the fear of being thrown rotten tomatoes at, here’s a new acronym: sCMS, which stands for social CMS.
- Forrester: You're Not Ready for the Cloud. A new report from Forrester Research says that most companies aren’t yet ready for the cloud.
- Weceem: A Groovy Web CMS on Grails. Looking for a CMS that's just a little bit different, why not give the latest version of open source Weceem, a new upcoming Grails-powered CMS a go.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- Nuance Upgrades PDF Converter, Set to Challenge Adobe Acrobat? While there are a large number of PDF converters on the market, there are few that can claim enough functionality to be a real competitor to Adobe Acrobat.
- Perspectives: What the Adobe + Day Software Deal Means, Part 1. Adobe’s business vision is to utilize the benefits of Day being a leader in the WEM market and a pioneer in developing the concept of next generation content management with focus on web experience.
- How to Define Measurable and Traceable Requirements for SharePoint Projects. In this 3-part series, Dux Raymond Sy will discuss how you effectively develop requirements for SharePoint Projects.
- Document Management Roll-up: Microsoft Office for Mac, PDF Conversion Gets Easier. While much was made about the release of Office 2010 in May, the announcement that Microsoft intends to make an Office release for Mac in October has been relatively quiet.
- Web CMS: Adobe Buys Day Software for US$ 240 Million. Following Adobe's enormous acquisition of Omniture, in a deal roughly one-eighth the size, the company has snatched up Switzerland-based Day Software.
- Drupal Commons Social Business Software Released. According to Acquia, Dr upal Commons is a free, open source "social business software solution.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Web Developer/Java at TRUSTe
- Marketing Strategist at Laserfiche
- Consumer Goods and Services Research Analyst at Primary Global Research
- UI Flex Architect at SPR Companies
- Localization Copy Editor at Nexon
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability