I am object-oriented
And I am ready to browse
(Soundtrack for this week: for JavaZone - Lady Java)
Greetings and wishes of a good weekend! Here's my weekly round-up of what's been shaking in Web CMS, Enterprise CMS and related technologies.
Although nothing is official until the deal is expected to close on October 28, we have some insights into how Adobe sees Day CQ5 Web CMS and CRX fitting into their Customer Experience Management (CEM) vision and joint product roadmap. Two key concepts: apps as content and CEM.
Autonomy announced Q3 results. There's money to spend, and there will be an acquisition on the horizon. CEO Mike Lynch told Bloomberg news service that it would be something out of the “standard Autonomy playbook” and similar to previous acquisitions.
- Apps as Content, or How Day and Adobe May Fit Together. A look into the discussion around the Adobe + Day product combo and Adobe's vision for Customer Experience Management (CEM).
- Autonomy Bounces Back, US Acquisition Still in the Works. Following the market trading of October 6th, there has been some concern about the fate of Autonomy when its shares plummeted by 16%.
- 4 Pillars for Web Content Management Site & Content Optimization. Whichever WCM or ECM system you are using or considering, there are some key strategies for optimizing your site and content.
- NoSQL for Enterprise Managers - What You Need to Know. The first factor that should be assessed when evaluating a move to NoSQL is the type of data that needs to be stored.
- Swimming Through Sentiment Analysis with Lexalytics. Enter Lexalytics -- a company that helps keep track of what's being said and how it's being said.
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Is Oracle Really Going After EMC? Let’s try and read the smoke signals that suggest Oracle is in the market to buy EMC.
- Is SharePoint 2010 the Right Web CMS for Your Internet Site? Many organizations have been apprehensive in adopting SharePoint as a WCM for their public internet presence.
- Sneak Peek into Day's CQ 5.4 CMS #dayignite. Unveiled at Day Ignite in Chicago, here's a look at what to expect from Day and their next release of CQ 5.4 Web CMS.
- How Social CRM Improves the Customer Service Lifecycle. One reason negative customer feedback sits out there unaddressed is that most companies don’t have a systematic way to pull this feedback into their customer service processes.
- Is the Mobile Market Ready for the Palm Pre 2? It's Coming Friday. When HP announced that it was buying Palm, everyone wondered when and what it would do to recoup some of the US$ 1.2bn.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Front End Web Developer at Flipboard, Inc.
- Senior Percussion Web CMS Developer at Westat
- Writer, IT Pro at Microsoft
- Project Manager at HiSoftware, Inc.
- Reporting and Analytics Intern at Federated Media
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.