Welcome to the weekend and to our column highlighting some of the main happenings of this week.
We looked at how the latest standard CMIS can be used to manage content intelligently by providing a layer of simplicity and a standard interface for all CMSs. Among other topics this week, we talked about how to calculate your Enterprise CMS ROI, but also, more importantly, how to protect your return on investment projections and minimize any negative influences in your ECM project via change management, for example.
- Managing Content Intelligently Using CMIS. One of the key principles of this intelligent management is the ability to find and use content in the appropriate context using standards, such as the new Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS).
- How to Measure Enterprise CMS ROI and Minimize Negative Influences. Enterprise CMS is an expensive investment that usually comes with a need to demonstrate ROI in order to justify purchase decision.
- Integrating an Enterprise CMS with BPM: A Strategy for Bridging the Gap. Enterprise content management and business process management are two separate, but complimentary solutions.
- MediaBeacon Integrates DAM Solution into IBM's Web CMS, Portal. MediaBeacon has been doing DAM for ages but that hasn't stopped the company from looking to keep innovating.
- Aberdeen Says Companies are Safer in the Cloud. A recent Aberdeen survey may put some fears to rest, while turning apprehension on its head.
- Web Engagement: Optimizing Your Press Releases. A great press release can go a long way in terms of gaining virtually free publicity for your business, especially in an increasingly digital media environment.
- SharePoint 2010 Gets Its Official CMIS Connector. Packaged as part of the SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit, here's a look at the two features that come with the Connector.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- ExpressionEngine 2.1 CMS Review, Part 1. On July 12, EllisLab finally released EE2.1, the first non-beta version of ExpressionEngine 2, a massive change from the EE 1.x line that changes all the underlying code of the software.
- TeamViewer iPad App Provides Remote Access to PCs. The newly released iPad app from TeamViewer gives businesses and private users the ability to control remote PCs from the iPad.
- Web CMS: MODx Revolution Targets Drupal, Joomla Markets. This is the future of the MODx project. Let's take a peek.
- Mid-Market .NET Web CMS Darlings Push Ahead. When SharePoint doesn't cut it for WCM, often more user-friendly and less expensive .NET Web CMS products can be in a position for the classical "veni, vidi, vici."
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- ExpressionEngine 2.1 CMS Review, Part 2. This is part two of an indepth review of the latest version, including a look at the engine, add-ons and what's gone.
- Gartner Says Spending on Social CRM Will Grow Faster Than Traditional CRM. Gartner has officially recognized the growing movement that is Social CRM by giving it a place on the list of Magic Quadrants.
- Content Strategy: Why Content Matters. Welcome to our new weekly column on Content Strategy. This week we examine content for the sake of content and what makes it so darn important to the rest of what we do.
Our Polls and Your Votes
The Intranet as we know it is a rapidly evolving creature, at least for some of us. Our latest poll looks at how your Intranet is being used (or if you even have one at all) and whether collaboration tools are present.
This poll is now closed. Stay tuned for results.
In the meantime, check out our previous polls and commentary:
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- SharePoint Specialist at Systems Alliance
- Vice President, Strategic Solutions Group at SymphonyIRI Group
- SEM Analyst at Webtrends
- MimeoConnect API Evangelist at Mimeo
- Technical Writer at Loyalty Lab
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability