With stroopwaffels in one hand and jenever in the other, I say hello from Amsterdam. OK, OK, jenever was actually part of last night, but wasn't the only constituent of what made the inaugural #CMSGeekUpAMS a big success. It helped, of course, that we only ever so slightly argued about whether WordPress is a real CMS.
For more geekery, but with a mobile and social twist to it, I invite you to meet at the upcoming HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability.
And now, let's have a look at the news that zoomed by this week on the highway of content management and related tech, starting with a thought piece on Oracle's big box, big bucks and seemingly very little agility.
- Oracle Enterprise 2.0: Considering The Big Box Exalogic Play. Oracle appears to be focusing on the big IT spend without addressing the need for agile solutions.
- eZ Publish 4.4 Sports New Image Editor, Native Support for HTML 5. The latest release has a few new features that you can see and touch and over 600 bug fixes.
- ADAM Software Links DAM to Adobe Creative Suite 5. ADAM claims an industry first as it links its digital asset management suite to Adobe's CS product.
- The Next Big Thing for Enterprise Information Management. Advancing information management strategy via integration of mobile and social media tools and practices will be one of the keys to success.
- Information Management Agility: Guidance from the Experts. Rounding up this month's focus on Information Management Agility, here's the latest from our contributing experts.
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Yammer's New Platform is Facebook for the Enterprise. Yammer revealed its new enterprise collaboration platform, effectively shelving the "Twitter for the Enterprise" title in favor of a more social network-savvy look.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in October 2010. The latest news and grand plans from open source web content management and enterprise content management projects.
- Six Apart Update: Movable Type's Future Lies in Japan. The future of Movable Type may very well be in Japan, but there's a chance the global community will participate in the bright future for MT.
- 3 Ways to Customize SharePoint 2010 Document Sets. SharePoint 2010's new feature called Document Sets can be customized to make them more flexible and more adaptable.
- 5 Community Platforms and What Makes Them Unique. Here's a brief rundown of some of the popular community platforms on the market today.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Senior Developer at Pixable
- Project Manager at Sapient Nitro
- Vice President of Sales Support at Juniper Networks
- Digital Media Database Analyst at True North Inc.
- Account Executive at DDB
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Oct 4, 2010 – Digital Content Monetization (DCM) - New York - 2010
- Oct 6, 2010 – Live Webinar: How to Budget and Calculate TCO for Your Web CMS
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht NL
- Oct 13, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Chicago
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- ...view all events here