Wishes of a very happy weekend to you all come with some reading on the latest buzz in the industry. As we delve deeper into the topics of enterprise collaboration and Enterprise 2.0 here at CMSWire, we find that there are still long ways to go for both and still many lessons yet to be learned.
Here's the latest:
- The Long Hill for Enterprise Collaboration. Every few years, there are waves of exciting new products that offer to enhance collaboration for the average worker, but adoption always seems slow. Why?
- Global Collaboration Survey Reveals Collaboration Challenge. A recent global survey shows that companies perceive clear value from employee collaboration services and software.
- Lessons Learned from Real-Life Enterprise 2.0 Experiences. Three organizations have been interviewed. Each one had unique challenges and approaches to Enterprise 2.0.
And in Other Industry News
Open Text, the makers of a large quilt of Web CMS and Enterprise CMS technologies, closed their fiscal 2010 this week. Based on the results, one potential scenario is putting up the said quilt for sale. Are there buyers?
Intel and IBM have been busy shopping. McAfee's buy by Intel is looking to be smartphone security heavy, whereas IBM's purchase of Unica will rival in the web engagement/customer experience management market.
- Open Text Q4/FY2010: Still Showing Troubling Signs. From some turbulence in Q3 2010, Q4 and fiscal year 2010 results are not much different.
- DotNetNuke Offers Content Staging in New Enterprise Edition of Web CMS. To make room for a completely new edition of the Web CMS, DotNetNuke has bid farewell to its Elite edition.
- Ektron Taps into Facebook Data with Social Targeting Software. Social Targeting is part of Ektron's Marketing Optimization Suite (eMOS) designed to deliver personalization based on users' Facebook data.
- Content Strategy: 7 Practical Tips for Getting Stakeholder Buy In. Most of us agree that we need to think about content in a methodical and strategic way, using planning and processes to create and maintain its value.
- New Google Analytics API Empowers Site Managers, Developers. The new API will let devs get under the hood and create custom tools.
- Intel Buys McAfee for US$ 7.7 Billion, Looks for Smartphone Security? The decision by Intel to buy McAfee may have raised some eyebrows.
- Open Source Web CMS Maker Squiz Makes a Move to Web Engagement. The secret is out. Squiz is joining the Web Engagement Management (WEM) bandwagon.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Is the Web Really Dead? The latest issue of Wired magazine sports a cover article proclaiming the death on the Web as we know it.
- Chromium 7 Has Arrived and It's Not that Awesome. Chromium 7 arrived (not even a week after version 6 went beta), and the changes should hit Chrome fairly quickly.
- Overview: SharePoint 2010 Metadata and Taxonomy Management. SharePoint 2010 includes many new features under the umbrella of Enterprise Metadata Management, and they seem to have addressed some key issues.
- 5 Social Networking Tools for Enterprise Collaboration. While many organizations are seeking to ban popular social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter) from the workplace, others are busy building a case for them.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- IBM Buys Unica, Adds Predictive Analytics for Marketing. Big Blue has snatched Unica -- a marketing management developer that automates, manages and accelerates core business processes across marketing channels.
- Enterprise 2.0: All Social Software is Not Created Equal. Implementation and adoption challenges will continue to plague even the smartest of organizations who don't take the time to understand what their employees really need to do their job effectively.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Senior Interactive Graphic Designer at NPR
- Social Media Strategist Internship at CAMPUSPEAK
- Sr. Marketing Intelligence Analyst at Sophos
- Project Manager at MBDC
- Content Production Manager at Sophos
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Aug 24, 2010 – Webinar: ECM as a Platform – A Foundation for Content Applications
- Sep 1, 2010 – Webinar: The Transformation of Metra.com -- From Data to Multi-device Destination
- Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability
- Oct 13, 2010 – Day Ignite - Chicago 2010