Welcome to the weekend!
As we continue to talk about enterprise collaboration and Enterprise 2.0 this week, you might find it shocking but not every organization is cut for E2.0. By looking at attitudes, behavior and corporate culture one might be able to assess whether the company is ready to invest in the latest and greatest technology in Enterprise 2.0. Just because everyone is doing enterprise collaboration doesn't mean everyone is actually ready for that leap.
Here's the latest:
- Maybe Enterprise 2.0 Just Isn’t for You. If your organization isn’t ready for E2.0, don’t push it.
- The Importance of Context: Why Enterprise 2.0 Still Fails to Deliver Value. This is not a measurability problem — it stems primarily from the rampant misapplication of consumer technologies in the form of point applications.
- Enterprise Collaboration: Get Your ROI Right. Industry has a profound effect on what the approach to the ROI of collaboration tools will be at an organization.
And in Other Industry News
Ahh, the magic of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management 2010. It's that time again. The time for putting losers and winners in their respective boxes and pontificating about the Web CMS market. But MQ is not the only highlight of this week. Read up:
- Web CMS Market Predicted to Hit $1 Billion in 2010. It's also interesting to note that 60% of the worldwide WCM revenue comes from North America.
- MediaBeacon DAM Integrates with WoodWing Web Publishing, Adobe InDesign. The core of the new package is the integration of WoodWing's Digital Magazine Tools with Adobe InDesign to help create web, mobile and Apple iPad content.
- OpenWGA: A Java Web CMS with Features and Freedom, Kinda. German Web CMS vendor decided earlier this year to rebrand version 5 of their Java-based product as open source.
- A Look at Automated Content Migration: Part 3 - Proventeq. Proventeq has a special focus on Oracle and SharePoint in the content migration market.
- Ephox Integrates WebRadar 2.0 With IBM Lotus Web Content Management. One of the improvements in the GUI includes a new dashboard that provides a quick look for administrators at the state of their content.
- 5 Steps for a Successful Social Knowledge Network Implementation. Some organizations have failed to achieve real business benefits from using social technologies. Why?
- Webtrends Offers New Ways to Maximize Facebook Ads. A combination of technology from Marin Software and Webtrends, Webtrends Ads is the next generation of Webtrends Ad Director.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- 5 Ways to Ruin Your SharePoint 2010 Upgrade. Upgrading such a critical piece of software such as SharePoint requires much more than simply thinking about the technical issues.
- The Importance of Social Media in B2B Marketing. One of the greatest things about social media platforms is that they're simple to understand and easy to use; but marketers continue to struggle with finding ways to monetize them.
- A Week in Google: Gmail Rings Telephones, Chromium 7 Hits the Mainstream. In the wake of some pretty serious criticisms, Google's back to upping the ante.
- Is it Time to Say Farewell to the Intranet Manager? As the intranet starts to include more social and collaborative capabilities, the role of the Intranet Manager must be re-evaluated to support it better.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- Chromium 7 Has Arrived and It's Not that Awesome. Chromium 7 arrived (not even a week after version 6 went beta), and the changes should hit Chrome fairly quickly.
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality. For the confused amongst us, here's a concise response to the simple question: What is SharePoint?
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Website Manager at Top10
- Junior Web Designer at Practice Fusion
- Business Strategy Analyst at Zulily
- Senior Project Manager -- Managed Services / IT at Fry
- Entry Level Software Sales at Mindjet
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Sep 1, 2010 – Webinar: The Transformation of Metra.com -- From Data to Multi-device Destination
- Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability
- Oct 13, 2010 – Day Ignite - Chicago 2010
- Oct 19, 2010 – Smart Content: The Content Analytics Conference