Welcome to the weekend. The hyped SXSW is in full swing, check out our ongoing live coverage from Texas. More interesting content management events are coming up: J. Boye Philly and GilbaneSF. But first let's take a look back and see what's been cooking in the Enterprise CMS/Web CMS kitchen this week. Beware of strong social media flavors and spicy debates.
- Selecting a CMS: Managing Product Demos. If you followed the advice from the first two articles in this series (How to build a short list and Developing scenarios), you are now ready to move to the next step and start evaluating products against your defined requirements.
- 5 Things to Consider when Integrating your Content Management System and Portal. Portals and content management systems are widely used in organizations today. For many, the desire to integrate them into a single collaborative environment is critical. But there's a lot to think about before moving forward.
- CMS Review: Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM). Not all products deserve your attention when you're in the process of selecting a CMS. Here's a detailed review of Oracle UCM to help you decide if this Enterprise CMS is a good fit for you.
- Enterprise Software: To Be or Not To Be Like Facebook. A war has been waged in the name of the future enterprise. On one side, Marc Benioff. On the other, a crowd of naysayers who don’t like the idea of mixing business with pleasure.
- Clickability Extends SaaS Web CMS With Integrated IDE. While Clickability has long claimed to be accessible to a non-technical audience, it can now appeal to developers and web designers.
- Hippo CMS 7.3 Brings Facets, Surf-and-Edit, Pretty URLs. Since version 7.3 was expected in the fall of 2009 (per Hippo’s roadmap of 4 scheduled releases per year) you’re probably anxious to try out the new goodies.
- From Twitter to Yammer to Buzz, 10 Microblogging Must Reads. We’ve put together some must-read happenings that have occurred so far this year. Whether you’re in the mix for business or pleasure, these points are worth the read.
- Telligent Analytics 3.5: New Support Analytics, Updated User Analytics. Telligent Analytics is almost three and a half years old and there's no sign that this solution is joining the market of basic analytic solutions.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- How Document Management Has Evolved in SharePoint 2010. Adam Harmetz, Lead Program Manager for SharePoint Document and Records Management, gives us a tour around new DM features in SharePoint 2010.
- SharePoint Portal Alternatives - A Credible List. We took a look at some of these "SharePoint Alternatives" and let you know what SharePoint functionality they replace. Here's what we found.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. Did you know you can run SharePoint 2010 environments on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP1?
- Google's Marketplace Spells Trouble for Microsoft. Google set off an enterprise-tastic bomb when they announced the opening of Google Marketplace, an online store for business apps. Now, we can’t help but wonder, is Microsoft an impending casualty?
- Google Opens Marketplace for Google Apps: Box.net, Zoho on Board. After weeks of rumors, Google finally launched Google Apps Marketplace, their new online store for business applications that integrate with and extend Google Apps.
- Prepare for a May 12 SharePoint 2010 Launch. The official launch date for SharePoint 2010 is circling the net and like everyone else interested in SharePoint, we have marked our calendar with a great big exclamation mark.
- Sun Microsystems Chief Open Source Officer Leaves Oracle. March 8 turned out to be Simon Phipps' last day at Sun/Oracle. What does that mean for his pet projects, and Oracle's plans for Sun's open source properties? Timing is everything, as we just recently pondered about what the Oracle + Sun merger could mean for content management.
Polls and Your Votes
The release date for SharePoint 2010 is around the corner. So we asked you about your plans, and so far the majority of votes seems to indicate that SharePoint 2010 is not at the top of priorities list.
Do you agree? Click the link below and let us know.
Also, check out our previous poll results:
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Analyst, Serving Customer Intelligence Professionals at Forrester Research
- Senior Sales Rep at Clickability
- Project Manager/Digital Media at http://www.tmgcustommedia.com
- LiveServer/RedDot/OpenText - CMS Developer at LP Associates
- Lead Developer (Drupal) at Sandusky Newspapers, Inc
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.