Greetings from yours truly globetrotter en route from Moscow to Amsterdam with the latest in content management and related technologies.
Before we dive into the latest and greatest in Web CMS and Enterprise CMS, a note on two events where you and I can shake CMS hands and say hi:
- On Oct 1, when I kick off #CMSGeekUpAMS in Amsterdam with Adriaan Bloem of the Real Story Group. RSVP and details are here.
- On Oct 7, at HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability, if you find yourselves in the Utrecht, NL, area.
- Information Management Agility: Guidance from the Experts. The best picks from another week in Information Management.
- Six Apart Acquired. Farewell Movable Type? Say hello to SAY Media, Inc. The new company is a combination of media advertising player VideoEgg and Moveable Type's maker, Six Apart.
- Content Strategy for the iPad and WCM Integration. A few of the trending topics affecting the way content is developed, namely content integration and the iPad.
- What's Trending in Enterprise Microblogging? Microblogging is so much more than the 140-character blurb it once was.
- Java Getting a Makeover: Roadmap Revealed #oow10. This year’s JavaOne conference — the first to be held under Oracle tutelage — had a lot to prove.
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Oracle Unveils MySQL 5.5, Says Goodbye to OpenSolaris Brand #oow10. At this week’s Oracle Open World show in San Francisco, Oracle made it clear they will continue to invest in MySQL.
- 10 Innovative Software Companies to Watch. Analyst firm IDC recently identified ten under US$ 100 million to keep an eye on.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- How 6 Enterprise Content Management Systems Support Collaboration. Discussing a handful of the major players in the ECM game that are supporting team work and social solutions.
- Oracle Introduces Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Outlines Cloud Strategy #oow10. If anyone was still in doubt as to what Larry Ellison thinks of the cloud, the launch of the Exalogic Elastic Cloud should put an end to all the speculation.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Web Designer/Graphic Artist - Contract Position at Imagistic
- Production/Sales Assistant - Entry Level/Full-Time at Imagistic
- Implementation Project Manager at Bazaarvoice
- CTO / Co-Founder at M.E.S.S. Express, Ltd.
- Market Strategy Analyst (Jr. Business Analyst) at Groupon
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Oct 4, 2010 – Digital Content Monetization (DCM) - New York - 2010
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht NL
- Oct 13, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Chicago
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- Nov 2, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Berlin
- ...view all events here