Greetings! Time to catch up and see what you might've missed this week in in the world of Web CMS, Enterprise CMS and related technologies.
Microsoft and open source in the same sentence? Often, that sentence involves world domination remarks and thwarting of OSS by MSFT. But lately, the Redmond kingdom has been toying with open source WCM with the release of WebMatrix and Orchard, a .NET open source web content management system.
Ever been involved in a CMS selection process? Then Martin White's take on CMS vendor "beauty parades" might ring a bell. It's a good list to refer to for management of your future CMS vendor presentations as well.
And there's more to this week. Read on:
- It's Official, Microsoft Likes Open Source Web Content Management
- 10 Recommendations for Managing CMS Vendor ‘Beauty Parade’ Evaluations
- 10 e-Discovery Trends in the Cloud
- Mobile Broadband to Leap Wired This Year
- Content Strategy and Enterprise Content Management: How They Fit Together
- The Importance of Metadata in Content Management
- Android 3.0 and iPad 2: Tablets Reaching Maturity
- Is JCR Dead?
- NOSQL for Enterprise Managers - What You Need to Know
- 5 Business Tools for Measuring Social Influence Online
Around the Web
- EMC-Documentum continues to anger with impromptu audits
- The Answer to Every Web Content Publishing Problem Is a Bicycle?
- Names You Need to Know: Open Source Search Solr and Lucid
- Top 10 Clever Uses for the Cloud
- Samsung’s Tweeting Refrigerator Could be Overkill
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Inside Sales, Account Executive at Twitter
- Java Server Engineer at MangoSpring
- Site Taxonomy & Content Manager at Dell
- Vice President, Marketing at Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation
- IT Project Manager at WebPT
Featured Events (all events)
- Jan 26, 2011 – (Webinar) A Cricital Look at Social Intranets: Hype or Important Change Agent?
- Feb 1, 2011 -- O'Reilly Strata Conference
- Feb 7, 2011 -- Future of Web Apps Conference
- Feb 16, 2011 – Intelligent Content Conference 2011
- Mar 21, 2011 – AIIM Conference & Expo 2010 (Info360)