Saturday come slow. Here're some yummy tunes from Massive Attack (also, check this Heligoland baby out) to go with our weekly review of ECM, WCM and related happenings along with the most popular reads, new job posts, featured events and more.
- Open Text to Cash Out CDN $35 Million for Nstein. Hey, look, it took no time at all. As we predicted a little while ago, Open Text is getting ready to make yet another acquisition in the WCM space. Data mining and analysis, and not necessarily WCM or DAM, is likely the main focus of this deal.
- Gartner’s Top 5 CRM Predictions for 2010, Social Apps are Key. CRM predictions have produced some surprising insights, not least that while Facebook will be the top social network globally, in places like Russia, Japan, India and China it won’t. And the problem is language.
- Enterprise 2.0 Roll-up: We're Still Not Ready for Technology. What to watch this year when it comes to the enterprise? The ever-wise Dion Hinchcliffe of ZDNet has his money on the growth of SaaS and Social Computing, but he's not holding his breath.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in March 2010. Updates from major FOSS Web CMS and Enterprise CMS vendors for next month. Check out what they're up to.
- ContentM: A Web CMS Supporting Education based Websites. Higher education, K-12s and hospitals have long recognized the power and innovation of their enterprise content management system called ContentM.
- Bitrix Takes Their Intranet Portal to the Cloud. Bitrix has announced that it’s working on a new initiative for delivering their Intranet Portal through a SaaS deployment model.
- eDiscovery Provider Mimosa Systems Acquired by Iron Mountain. There's probably no better reason than to say "it's all about the content baby".
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle Google's analytics data.
- Web Design: Top 5 Wireframing Tools. As more wireframe tools become available, the focus is shifting to include IA. Here is a selection of wireframes that are sure to prove useful.
- Gartner’s Top 5 BPM Predictions for 2010 And Beyond. Gartner gives us its latest report on business process management highlighting what they see as the five major trends in business process management for 2010 and beyond.
- Facebook Buys Talent, Ready to Counter Google Buzz? And the shopping sprees continue! Facebook recently bought an under-the-radar company called Octazen Solutions -- its first purchase since acquiring FriendFeed seven months ago.
- Social Networking in the Enterprise: What’s the ROI? Before we answer the "what" question on social networking ROI it is important to understand why organizations are interested in embracing social networking.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. Did you know you can run SharePoint 2010 environments on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP1?
- Social Media Minute: Twitter Makes a Deal with Yahoo, Passes MySpace on Status Updates. Yahoo has recently announced a deal with Twitter that will bring Twitter integration into many of Yahoo's popular services and portals.
- Oracle + Sun: What it Means for Content Management. The end of an era, they said it was, when people saw sun.com redirecting to oracle.com. Will Oracle + Sun combo have a profound effect on the web content management industry?
Polls and Your Votes
Our latest polls show that while web analytics is generally understood in the enterprise, the art and science of using the data for decision making still needs more love. DAM systems, on the other hand, suffer from usability issues -- perhaps, largely, a result of poor metadata practices.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Enterprise Sales Account Manager at Alachisoft
- Technical Writer at Alachisoft
- C / C++ Software Engineer - Linux at Akamai
- Product Manager at FatWire
- Alfresco Senior Engineer at Mindjet
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Mar 3, 2010 -- Completing the IBM FileNet P8 Backup Puzzle
- Mar 9, 2010 -- Gartner Portals, Content & Collaboration Summit
- Apr 13, 2010 -- dotCMS Boot Camp 2010
- Apr 21, 2010 – Drupalcon San Francisco 2010
- May 5, 2010 – CMS Expo 2010 (Evanston)
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability