Take me to that other place
I know I'm not a hopeless case...
(Soundtrack for this weekly wrap-up: U2 - Beautiful Day)
Did you think Web Engagement Management (WEM) was the next big thing in Web Content Management? This past week might've proved we're moving well beyond WEM, when Adobe bid adieu to Day's independence days with the announcement of a planned acquisition.
It's time to say "Good Day!" to sir CEM - Customer Experience Management (Oh, don't roll your eyes at the yet another acronym). Adobe wants to buy Day partially for that -- next generation content management and multi-channel customer experience management. Stay tuned, we'll tell you more about #adobeday in the days to come.
- Web CMS: Adobe Buys Day Software for US$ 240 Million. Following Adobe's enormous acquisition of Omniture, in a deal roughly one-eighth the size, the company has snatched up Switzerland-based Day Software.
- Perspectives: What the Adobe + Day Software Deal Means, Part 1. Adobe’s business vision is to utilize the benefits of Day being a leader in the WEM market and a pioneer in developing the concept of next generation content management with focus on web experience.
- Content Strategy: Content, Context and Curation. There seems to be some unrest upon the royal throne, as far as content strategy is concerned.
- dotCMS v1.9: Multi-site Management, New UI. Open source J2EE/Java Web CMS dotCMS got a face-lift and several new capabilities in the latest release of version 1.9.
- The Top 25 Most Influential Bloggers in Technical Communications. MindTouch was curious to know who the most influential bloggers in technical communications are today.
- Jadu Heads to the US With Its Transactional Web CMS. UK-based Jadu has crossed the Atlantic and landed in the US ready to sell its it transactional web content management system.
- Enterprise Search and Pursuit of the Google Experience. Let's examine shifting the perspective to the user experience and end with 6 essential activities to the construction of a solid foundation for any enterprise search initiative.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Barebones CMS is Easier than WordPress, Drupal and Joomla! Barebones CMS is composed of just the essentials, reportedly making it easier to use than popular solutions such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!.
- MS Project 2010: Goodbye Portfolio Server, Hello SharePoint. Of course, we won't be talking about MS Project 2010 without talking about SharePoint — that's just how it will be from now on.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- Web CMS: MODx Revolution Targets Drupal, Joomla Markets. This is the future of the MODx project. Let's take a peek.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in August 2010. If you're looking through here and feel that your project was left out, we invite you to send us an email at [email protected] with a pointer to who we should contact at your project for updates.
- Google Challenges Yelp with Places, Check-ins to Follow? Last year Yelp turned down a US$ 550 million dollar offer from Google, and today remains one of the few companies to have walked away from the famous, primary-colored clutches.
- Jive Adds Another US$ 30m in Funding for Social Business Software. Jive Software is getting a lot of attention these days, including a hefty US$ 30 million in investment from some pretty big venture capital firms.
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Director, Business Growth & Innovation at American Express
- Project Director, Web & Mobile at Blizzard Entertainment
- Software Developer at Lingotek
- UI/UX Designer at Nimble
- Account Associate, Inside Sales - Brand/Agency at Facebook
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability