It's a wrap, the weekend is here. Here's what you might've missed this week on CMSWire.
According to Gartner, cloud computing is hot (again), as it tops Gartner's 2011 CIO Agenda. Other hot ticket items on the list of technical priorities include virtualization and mobile technologies. The Gartner survey suggests that IT will be changing dramatically over the next few years, driven by technology that was recently considered “too cutting” edge for wide-spread adoption.
In other news, social is still an important focus as well — be it social content management in Enterprise CMS or social commerce on top of collaboration tools.
And there's more to this week. Read on:
- The Cloud Rises to Top of 2011 CIO Priorities
- IBM Adds Social Commerce and CRM Capabilities to LotusLive
- Alfresco Continues to Add Social Features to Enterprise CMS
- Microsoft: Office is the New King, But What Will Rule Its Future?
- CoreMedia 6: An Approach to Managing the Online Customer Experience
- DotNetNuke Offers New Ways to Get a Website Up and Running Quickly
- Overview: SharePoint 2010 Metadata and Taxonomy Management
- Facebook: How to Enable SSL for Your Account
- Silverlight 5.0 Plays Nice on the iPad
- SharePoint Portal Alternatives - A Credible List
Around the Web
- Pontiflex: About Half Of Mobile App Clicks Are Accidental
- Facebook Bug Gets Zukerberg's Page Hacked
- How to divorce your tech vendor
- Dimensions to use to compare NoSQL data stores
- Tips for Writing Functional Requirements
Featured Jobs (all jobs | post a job)
- Developer Evangelist at SoundCloud
- E-Commerce Content Manager at Guess
- Regional Sales Director (SF) at Mashable
- Copywriter at UncommonGoods
- Online Editor and Social Media Strategist at Movements.org
Featured Events (all events)
- Feb 1, 2011 — O'Reilly Strata Conference
- Feb 7, 2011 — Future of Web Apps Conference
- Feb 16, 2011 – Intelligent Content Conference 2011
- Mar 21, 2011 – AIIM Conference & Expo 2010 (Info360)
- IBM: Our Verse Email Beats Anything from Microsoft, Google
- 7 Reasons Why Facebook at Work Will Fail
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?
- 7 Trends to Watch to Stay Ahead of the Digital Era Curve
- SharePoint in the Clouds: Choosing Between Office 365 or Azure
- SEO is Killing Content Quality
- What's Trending in Digital Analytics