One of the things the chief Drupalister Dries Buytaert is good at is creating buzz. His SXSW session (see our event coverage here) struck a chord for many. Entitled R.I.P. Content Management System, it is one of our most popular articles this week.
With open source CMS, Drupal and SXSW being quite the highlights, we also did a review of Drupal Gardens, a hosted version of the Web CMS stemming from the Acquia/Drupal project and based on Drupal 7 pre-release code.
- CMS Review: Drupal Gardens SaaS Web CMS. Until the announcement of Drupal Gardens and its competitor, Buzzr, there was no hosted option for Drupal. Both products are still in development, though both grow ever closer to release.
- Enterprise 2.0 Roll-up: The Great Google vs. Microsoft Debate. We’re not gonna lie, folks. The battle field is ugly. Many of those in favor of Google are keen on proclaiming their love for the openness of the cloud, and shutting down anything that doesn’t follow that strategy.
- Nuxeo Reports Growth, Plans Big for Open Source ECM in 2010. Nuxeo has rounded up 2009 with reports of triple-digit growth in revenue and subscriber base numbers, as well as a look at how the open source Enterprise CMS vendor plans to tackle the overcrowded and mature ECM market.
- Oracle Enhances its ECM with Imaging and Process Management. Oracle has announced two major additions to the document management module of its Universal Content Management (UCM) Enterprise CMS today: Forms Recognition software and Imaging and Process Management 11g.
- Mobile Web Publishing - The Future is Here. The iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, App Stores, 3G connectivity, and VPN support are commonplace mobile tools and services now, but where do they stand in terms of managing your web content from the road?
- SharePoint 2010 Document Sets: Organize Related Documents for Project Based Work. Already in use internally in Microsoft and by some of the company’s clients who are doing proof of concept trials with SharePoint 2010 beta, Document Sets sit between documents and sites.
- Autonomy Explore: Customer Interaction Analytics Covering All Channels. Imagine how handy it would be to have an all-inclusive customer voice. Autonomy Explore aims to be exactly that by mashing together customer interactions.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- #SXSW: R.I.P. Content Management System. Despite the misleading title (or was it the whole intent?), the session got a lot of attention at the event and from CMSWire.com readers.
- Is Microsoft's New Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Competition for iPhone? The mobile space is always ready for a good dust-up, will Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 be the one to shake the Apple tree?
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. Did you know you can run SharePoint 2010 environments on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista SP1?
- April 12 is the New Release Date for Visual Studio 2010. Originally scheduled for late March, Microsoft withdrew the delivery date saying they needed more time for testing due to performance and virtual memory issues. The new date? "Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 will launch on Monday, 12 April 2010."
- CMS Review: Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM). Not all products deserve your attention when you're in the process of selecting a CMS. Here's a detailed review of Oracle UCM to help you decide if this Enterprise CMS is a good fit for you.
- 5 Things to Consider when Integrating your Content Management System and Portal. Portals and content management systems are widely used in organizations today. For many, the desire to integrate them into a single collaborative environment is critical. But there's a lot to think about before moving forward.
- How Document Management Has Evolved in SharePoint 2010. Adam Harmetz, Lead Program Manager for SharePoint Document and Records Management, gives us a tour around new DM features in SharePoint 2010.
Polls and Your Votes
Many organizations either have a portal platform in place today or are considering implementing one. What is your take on portals? Do you have one? Do you plan to implement a portal technology? Here are the preliminary results:
Also, check out our previous polls:
- Poll Results: Web Analytics Need More Love
- Poll Results: Usability is Top DAM Challenge
- Poll: Is Your Organization Planning to Implement SharePoint 2010?
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Web Designer at BuzzFeed
- Sales Engineer at Vibes Media
- Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer at ChallengePost
- Internet Marketing Analytic Optimization at eBay
- Web Content Director at Bodybuilding.com
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.