Enterprise collaboration proves to be a spicy hot topic, as we continue to explore the twists and turns of the modern Enterprise 2.0 highway. Below is a little sampler from this week's enterprise collaboration menu, get more mind-nourishing treats here:
- Three Types of Collaboration that Drive Innovation. A company that strives to be innovative must be collaborative. But not all collaboration is the same.
- Collaboration – an Intranet Perspective. Collaboration applications never seem to need a business case, other than a senior manager deciding that there is poor collaboration in the organization.
- The Tools and Technology That Enable Enterprise Collaboration. While we know that enterprise collaboration is not about the technology, the right technology can go a long way.
And in Other Industry News
The M&A season is still (again?) in full swing with IBM buying Datacap and Unica (Did someone just say CEM?) in one quick sweep, and Google - Jambool and Slide Inc. These big games is, perhaps, something that smallish Web CMS vendors like EPiServer can only marvel at -- especially, after recently pulling off their own IPO last minute.
'Weblogs' are in the news again, as if it is the 90s all over again, as we re-evaluate blogs and offer some tips on better usability and greater engagement -- important for enterprise bloggers, too. While Twitter, HTML5 and general content management business is, as always, on our radars. Hey, and it looks like a new buzzword is sprawling. How would you like some ACM?
- EPiServer Withdraws Plans to Go Public. The big Initial Public Offering (IPO) party we anticipated is not going to happen.
- IBM Buys Advanced Document Capture with Datacap. The acquisition will add new technology that will enable users to extract data from structured and unstructured formats.
- W3C Illuminates Differences, Rationale Behind HTML5. In a recently published work the W3C details the differences between HTML 4 and HTML 5 and provides insight into the thinking behind the changes.
- Top 3 Usability Tips for Building Better Blogs, Maximizing Engagement. Chances are your company’s blog is not featured prominently on your site, or not optimally marketed to your constituents.
- What's the Right Level of Marketing Engagement on Twitter? When it comes to Twitter, conversational marketing is a hot topic, but for how long?
- Webiva Delivers Open Source Web CMS on Rails. Webiva is yet another content management system that aims to give the likes of WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal some competition.
- What is Adaptive Case Management? It’s true that “case management” has been around for some time, but the buzz is growing these days around ACM because of the increasing importance of “knowledge work” on the “demand side."
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Enterprise 2.0: All Social Software is Not Created Equal. Implementation and adoption challenges will continue to plague even the smartest of organizations who don't take the time to understand what their employees really need to do their job effectively.
- Six Counterintuitive Truths About Enterprise 2.0 Adoption. The biggest opportunities in E2.0 aren’t tactical, they’re strategic.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. 100 million licenses and 4,000 partners later, Microsoft thinks they have a handle on this SharePoint phenomenon.
- Crowdsourcing and the Next Wave of Collaboration. Crowdsourcing innovation is primarily about collaboration, and to better understand the drivers and practices behind it, Information Architected conducted a survey.
- Webtrends Targets the Future of Social Marketing. Webtrends finalized the acquisition of an application development platform called Transpond.
- Perspectives: What the Adobe + Day Software Deal Means, Part 2. A flurry of reactions, speculations and pontifications later, we're having a second look at the Adobe + Day deal (Part 1 is here) and its impact on the industry.
- CRM Evolution: The Evolution of Customer Relationship Management. It’s quite apparent that “social media” is making a lasting impression on traditional CRM folk.
Our Polls and Your Votes
In our last poll, we asked if your Intranet includes enterprise collaboration tools and you responded. But exactly how important is your intranet to your daily work routine?
This question we're asking in our most recent poll that will run until August 20th. Weigh in!
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Software Engineer - J2EE, Web Services at Mocospace (aka jnjmobile)
- Social Media Sales Consultant at Meltwater Buzz
- Designer/Developer With Proficiency in Wordpress at FortuneBuilders INC
- Business Analyst at BzzAgent
- Senior Business Development Manager at Springer
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Aug 24, 2010 – Webinar: ECM as a Platform – A Foundation for Content Applications
- Sep 1, 2010 – Webinar: The Transformation of Metra.com -- From Data to Multi-device Destination
- Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability
- Oct 13, 2010 – Day Ignite - Chicago 2010