Here we are waving farewell to another August and heading into a long weekend, not to mention, it's still sunny (where I am at least). Things could be worse.
This week we kicked-off some of our summer cobwebs and got to work on our September editorial focus: Information Management Agility. While that topic was warming up, Enterprise Collaboration was still fighting for the spotlight.
Of course, Cisco's multi-billion dollar efforts to acquire Skype drew many eyes, as did our round-up of leading social platforms for enterprise collaboration. The release of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management is always a source of chatter. Irina Guseva dissected the highlights, but gently reminded us that reports such as this are just one data point, and are absolutely not a substitute for doing your homework when selecting a CMS.
Editor's Picks for the Week
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in September 2010
Get the quick view on what's happening with 20 popular open source projects.
- What Does a Social CRM Process Look Like?
Love WEM but you're new to Social CRM? Here's the red carpet for getting started.
- Cisco Moves to Acquire Skype for US$ 5 Billion
Rumors, rumors, lies and statistics. Arrington broke the tale of a US$ 5 bil. acquisition of Skype by Cisco. Here's the story with a bit more enterprise collaboration context.
- 4 Key Steps in Developing Requirements for SharePoint Projects
So a SharePoint project is on the horizon. Step back and check out Dux Raymond Sy's guidance on avoid some common pitfalls. You won't be sorry.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data
- Enterprise 2.0: All Social Software is Not Created Equal.
Implementation and adoption challenges will continue to plague even the smartest of organizations who don't take the time to understand what their employees really need.
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality
No doubt, the product has taken the information management world by storm. Here's the quick synopsis of what it is and isn't.
- Web CMS Market Predicted to Hit $1 Billion in 2010
New research on the size and growth of the the Web CMS market is good news for most vendors. Others need to get their brand shaped-up if they want to play in the big leagues.
- Chromium 7 Has Arrived and It's Not that Awesome
Chromium 7 arrived (not even a week after version 6 went beta), and the changes should hit Chrome fairly quickly.
- The Importance of Context: Why Enterprise 2.0 Still Fails to Deliver Value
Don't let the apparent inherent value of new enterprise 2.0 tools and culture fool you -- success is not ensured. Here's a take on why.
New Industry Job Openings
Here's what's been brewing for new jobs and career upgrades. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season in our industry job board.
- Enterprise Sales Rep at Salesforce.com
- Copy Editor/Proofreader at Business Wire
- Senior Interactive Graphic Designer at NPR
- Sr. Marketing Intelligence Analyst at Sophos
- Content Manager at Expedia
- Project Manager at MBDC
- Senior Tech Writer at Microsoft
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the coming months? Fear not, our Industry Events Calendar will keep you busy.
- Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010 in San Francisco
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht NL
- Oct 7, 2010 -- Forrester's Content & Collaboration Forum in New York
- Oct 13, 2010 – Day Software Ignite Conference in Chicago
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- Nov 2, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Berlin
- Nov 2, 2010 -- J. Boye Conference in Aarhus, DK
- ...view all events here.