But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for…
(Soundtrack for this weekly review: U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For)
Think you have great web presence and well-optimized content?
Key ingredients to a successful and well-crafted web presence include findability, usability, user experience. But even in 2010, too often the buyers can’t find what they’re looking for on the internet, which translates directly into sellers losing real prospects and sales every day.
Having relevant content is fantastic. But is it easily accessible, when your buyers need it to make purchasing decisions? Does your web presence include social selling and social CRM components?
While there are lots of methods and tools to increase website findability, SEO is only the beginning. We suggest exploring beyond the a la carte approach when optimizing your web content.
- Findability + Web Presence + Social: Attracting the “Customer as Buyer.” Two-part series examining the need for a strong and well-crafted web presence for connecting with potential customers.
- WEM: Optimize Content for Your Web Presence. You might think that optimizing your website’s content is about words, but it’s actually about your customers and your brand.
- EMC Intends to Expand Big Data Computing with Greenplum Buy. Although influenced by multiple Enterprise CMS passion attacks, in its heart, EMC has always been a data storage/management company.
- Autonomy Closes CA Deal, Integrates IDOL with Message Manager. You could never accuse Autonomy of letting the grass grow under its feet.
- Why is GRC an Important Topic? Each consultant and vendor — to the consternation of practitioners — seems to use a different definition to explain the meaning of GRC.
- Knowledge Management - Where Does the Enterprise CMS Fit In? Your KM environment and your KM strategy, if you have one at all, will be highly contextual to your particular organization; and should reflect its strategic aims, goals and objectives.
- New AIIM Study on SharePoint Shows Planning, Governance Still Lacking. With 19% of users still not having a strategy on how SharePoint will fit into the overall environment, a number of these planned implementations are still not going to be successful.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Cisco Introduces the Cius, A Tablet to Rival the iPad. Maybe it’s a rule that in order to market a tablet device, the name must be unimaginative or elusive: Apple iPad, Sony Dash and Dell Streak. Now, meet the Cisco Cius.
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality. Most of our readers have a pretty clear idea of what SharePoint is. However, many people misperceive its core functions. Here's a concise response to the simple question: What is SharePoint?
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in July 2010. Highlights of what's coming from open source projects in our July installment.
- HP Closes Palm Deal, Looks Set For Showdown with Apple. Palm’s WebOS platform was the real target of the buy-out and will put HP in direct competition with Apple when it ports it to its upcoming tablet devices.
- The Scoop: SharePoint 2010 Records Management. Support for in-place RM within all libraries is a major plus if you are looking for SharePoint 2010 to be your solution.
- New Internet Explorer 9 Preview Shows One Future of the Web. Microsoft has sneaked out a new preview version of its upcoming Web browser to highlight its vision of the next-gen Internet.
- Microsoft Offers an Express Edition of the IIS Web Server. IIS Express combines the best of both web servers into one that is free and works with both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Web Developer Express 2010.
Our Polls and Your Votes
The Intranet as we know it is a rapidly evolving creature, at least for some of us. Our latest poll looks at how your Intranet is being used (or if you even have one at all) and whether collaboration tools are present.
This poll will remain open until July 21. But don't wait until then, vote now and watch how the results unfold. So far, blogs and wikis seem to be winning the Intranet race:
Also, check out our previous polls:
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Software Engineer at Skype
- Project Manager at Datatel
- Writer/Social Media Specialist at Razoo
- VP, Sales at Razoo
- Analyst, Vendor Analysis at Input
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability