Whichever Bacchanalias are on your calendar this long weekend, they most likely will not evade the inevitable conversations about the future of content management, how JCR is not JDR, why CMIS is so fabulous for the ECM industry, whether SharePoint 2010 is a game changer, or why WEM is the #1 priority for WCM vendors -- pick your poison of choice.
So, here’s the latest and the most popular this week at CMSWire for your confabulations over delicious Cabernet Sauvignon and roasted pig.
- WEM Perspectives: Why Website Personalization Matters. The online/interactive world can learn a lot from the offline world. Today even though we write 2010 as the calendar year, many websites are still so nineties when it comes to personalization.
- GRC: An Introduction To Records Management. The idea of document management is easy for most people to understand. But records management presents some conceptual challenges. Here's a primer.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in June 2010. Get the latest scoop from major open source players in web content management and enterprise content management.
- Facebook's Privacy Rundown, and Nobody's Really Quitting. Quit Facebook Day is looming, and the number of pledges has risen from 15 thousand to 23 thousand in just three days.
- WEM Perspectives: You Say WEM, I Say Online Marketing Optimization. Ultimately, it doesn't matter whether you call good digital business practice WEM or Online Marketing Optimization.
- Open Source TinyMCE Editor is Offered Under Commercial License. Adding yet another popular editor to Ephox's portfolio may look like at attempt at online editing world domination.
- #advintranets10 Architecting Participation with Enterprise Social Media. Employee engagement can't be forced and in most cases, the experts say, it just can't be expected.
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- 5 Reasons Why SharePoint 2010 Will Revolutionize Your Organization. It’s time for a revolution! The days of email and network share collaboration are over.
- Web Design: Top 5 Wireframing Tools. As more wireframe tools become available, the focus is shifting to include IA. Here is a selection of wireframes that are sure to prove useful
- Google I/O 2010 Highlights. In case you caved and blinked at any point, here are the highlights.
- Navigating the Microsoft Office 2010 Versions Maze. Remember when there was just one version of Microsoft Office and it was darned expensive? Now there's a whole bunch of versions.
- Google Offers Another (End-User) Way to Ditch Microsoft. In what appears to be another jab at Microsoft, Google announced a solution for migrating data over to Google Apps if your administrators aren't planning on doing it themselves.
- The Scoop: SharePoint 2010 Records Management. Microsoft was in compliance with DoD 5015.02 Chapter 2 (not the full certification) for years, but they are in need of showing something new and competitive in SharePoint 2010’s RM offering.
- Lexmark Buys Perceptive Software, Moves into ECM Space. Print management and document workflow developer Lexmark has announced its decision to buy enterprise content management vendor Perceptive Software for US $280 million.
Our Polls and Your Votes
Check out our recent poll results and commentary from industry experts:
- Poll Results: SharePoint 2010 Implementations Focused on Collaboration
- Poll Results: Web Analytics Need More Love
- Poll Results: Usability is Top DAM Challenge
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Ruby on Rails Programmer at DIYSEO
- Technical Project Manager at Live Person
- UX Designer at IA Collaborative
- Optimization Analyst at Webtrends
- Java Developer at Spigit
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability