Ahh, the weekend! After several informationally intense days at Gilbane Conference San Francisco, the R&R starts with a leisurely stroll through the week. Grab a cuppa something and check our coverage of the event.
One the most prevalent themes at #gilbanesf was web engagement management. Even at the post-conference inaugural #CMSGeekUpSF, conversations about engaging content, the importance of enjoying web experience and CMS becoming a Conversation Management System kept going.
Next door to #gilbanesf, a geeky crowd was sporting freebie Droids, Evos and G-socks. Yup, that would be Google I/O. How do you know you're at a geeky conf? Sign #13: 87% of attendees are using Macs, and 47% of those have "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers on them, as observed by @pmonks.
Froyo, (attempted) revival of Wave (especially pitched to the enterprise) and Google TV were among the goodies Google tried to impress the folks with. Oh, right. That and the big Google Storage announcement chasing after Amazon’s S3 offering that already has a relatively established history in the RESTful cloud services market. Too late to the game, dear G? Will BigQuery API and Prediction API become the game changers in Amazon vs. Google storage war?
- #gilbanesf WCM, WEM and the Digital Marketing Hub. CMS has been redefined as a Conversation Management System.
- Google Unveils Storage for Developers, Heads-up Amazon. The RESTful cloud service is another layer of the Web giant's storage and networking infrastructure, and competes directly with Amazon S3
- WEM: A Look At Multivariate and A/B Split Web Testing. Many web content management systems include options to run tests on your websites.
- IBM Adds Big Data Analytics, Offers Advanced Case Management Services. IBM really is throwing the kitchen sink at business analytics.
- Alfresco Gets Active in the BPM Space. It is no secret that an integrated BPM (business process management) solution is on Alfresco's roadmap.
- SharePoint 2010 Infused with Webtrends Analytics. It's not just content management and social computing vendors who want to a part of SharePoint's ecosystem.
- The Next Wave: Enterprise 2.0, Immersive Workspaces and Virtual Worlds. Is your organization using virtual reality or immersive workspaces?
Most Popular Articles
These articles were what you fancied most this week, according to Uncle G's analytics data.
- Web Design: Top 5 Wireframing Tools. As more wireframe tools become available, the focus is shifting to include IA. Here is a selection of wireframes that are sure to prove useful.
- 5 Cool Things in SharePoint 2010 That You May Not Know About. One of them is that Microsoft has married the ease of Visio with the complexities of SharePoint workflows. Check out the rest.
- Google I/O 2010 Highlights. In case you caved and blinked at any point over the last 48 hours, here are the highlights.
- Introducing Skype 5.0 Beta, Now with Group Video Chat. While Skype's one-on-one style might've cut it a couple of years ago, the need for group conferencing is increasing right alongside the uprising of collaborative mobile solutions.
- Overview: SharePoint 2010 Metadata and Taxonomy Management. It would appear that SharePoint 2010 includes many new features under the umbrella of Enterprise Metadata Management, and they seem to have addressed some key issues.
- SharePoint 2010 Review: The New 6 Pillars of SharePoint. SharePoint, 2007 and 2010, is a popular topic among analysts, content management vendors and organizations. The improvements to SharePoint 2010 are going to make those discussions that much more interesting.
Our Polls and Your Votes
Check out our recent poll results and commentary from industry experts:
- Poll Results: SharePoint 2010 Implementations Focused on Collaboration
- Poll Results: Web Analytics Need More Love
- Poll Results: Usability is Top DAM Challenge
Content Management Jobs
Here's what's been brewing lately in the CMS jobs and careers field. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Senior Technical Application Specialist at EidosMedia Inc
- Web Application Developer at CoreMedia
- Sales Engineer at CoreMedia
- Online Marketing Software Sales at Meltwater Group
- Software Engineer at Google
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference, or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- May 27, 2010 – Advanced Intranet and Portals Forum 2010
- May 31, 2010 – ExpressionEngine CodeIgniter Conference - San Francisco
- Oct 7, 2010 -- HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability