Returning to the desk job after a long, holiday weekend generally fails to please the crowd. Next week it'll all go down easier, we promise. In the mean time, here's what caught our eye and the eyes of our community during the week that just flashed by.
- What is Information Management Agility?
Our editorial focus for September is how enterprises are learning to appreciate and better manage information. Here's the primer.
- Xerox to Rebrand Itself as Document Management and BPM Heavyweight
The goal of the company's massive marketing effort is to have you think "Document Management" and "Business Process Management" when you next say "I'll go Xerox this."
- Why Your ECM Strategy Needs to Advance Information Management
Understand why your organization should not just use file shares and a search engine to get by.
- Efficient Governance, Risk and Compliance Processes are Agile
Norman Marks gives us the visual tools for imagining an agile GRC future.
- Top IT Project Management Mistakes
Lessons from the Liferay Portal Symposium -- how to keep your IT project sane and timely.
- Content Strategy: 5 Ways to Communicate Strategy Across Your Organization
Getting buy-in is one thing, keeping people informed and engaged is the next step.
Most Popular Articles
These are the articles readers fancied most this week:
- A Week in Google: Instant Killed the SEO Star, Google TV Due in Fall
The flashy new Google Instant threatens to kill everything we've come to know about search engine optimization, but at least we have Google TV.
- Alert: What's Coming for Open Source CMS in September 2010
Get the quick view on what's happening with 20 popular open source projects.
- 7+ Social Software Platforms for Enterprise Collaboration
A look at key software platforms leading the enterprise social movement.
- What is SharePoint 2010? Vision and Reality
No doubt, the product has taken the information management world by storm. Here is our popular synopsis of what SharePoint is and isn't.
- Web CMS Market Predicted to Hit $1 Billion in 2010
New research on the size and growth of the the Web CMS market is good news for most vendors. Others need to get their brand shaped-up -- if they want to play in the big leagues.
- The Importance of Context: Why Enterprise 2.0 Still Fails to Deliver Value
Don't let the apparent inherent value of new enterprise 2.0 tools and culture fool you -- success is not ensured. Here's a take on why.
New Industry Job Openings
Here's what's been brewing for new jobs and career upgrades. Both seekers and employers, catch the best fish of the season in our industry job board.
- Sr. Web CMS Developer (Java) at BET NETWORKS
- Project Manager at Level 3 Communications
- Copy Editor/Proofreader at Business Wire
- Senior Interactive Graphic Designer at NPR
- Content Manager at Expedia
- Project Manager at MBDC
- Senior Tech Writer at Microsoft
Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the coming months? Fear not, our Industry Events Calendar will keep you busy.
- Sep 19, 2010 – Oracle OpenWorld 2010 in San Francisco
- Oct 7, 2010 – HartmanEVENT 2010 - Social Media & Mobile Usability in Utrecht NL
- Oct 7, 2010 -- Forrester's Content & Collaboration Forum in New York
- Oct 13, 2010 – Day Software Ignite Conference in Chicago
- Oct 19, 2010 -- Smart Content Conference in New York
- Nov 2, 2010 -- Day Software Ignite Conference in Berlin
- Nov 2, 2010 -- J. Boye Conference in Aarhus, DK
- ...view all events here.