All the twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Atompub Goes from Dream to RFC
One click publishing ain't all there, yet. But our dear XML visionaries have taken another step towards manifestation.
* UC Davis Web CMS Survey for Universities -- Results
Taking cues from those with low budgets, haphazard implementation and under-supported CMS.
* Bitnami: Free Open Source Content Mangement Stacks
Speaking of tight budgets, BitNami takes a bite out of the pain associated with open source install / config. <Insert Applause>
* coComment Shoots for Common Man in v2.0
What can Web 2.0 do for the casual commenter? More!
* Vignette Looks Toward the Rich Media Horizon
The Web is gettin mo' riche. Rich asset management targeted at multiple channels, multiple devices. That's what they're on about.
* Managing Global Customer Experiences, Better
Rethink how you manage global Web content with the help of tech, process and a healthy dose of Gilbane.
* Lookout Microsoft! Firefox Tops IE 6
Open source advocates do the happy dance, while Microsoft worries (and yes we know that IE6 + IE7 is a mean team, but let us have some fun dammit).
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. The gist? CMS implementation is still tough. SharePoint, SharePoint, SharePoint! Tony Bryne predicts the future, again. Percussion dresses up Rhythmyx for Halloween, and beyond. And Rick Sloboda rescues 9 out of 10 of us from certain failure.
* 7 Challenges of Implementing a Content Management System
* SharePoint 2007 Review - Six Pillars of MOSS
* Percussion Repositions Web Content Management Solution
* CMS Watch: Future Web CMS Trends
* 13 Reasons Why Most Businesses Fail
Looking to advance your career? Or has your org got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers? You're just in time to catch the best fish of the season in our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Product Manager - Software as a Service (SaaS)
* Content Management System Manager
at Sling Media
at Los Angeles Newspaper Group
* Enterprise Content Manager