All the twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Best Open Source CMS Awards (Galore) from Packt Press
Joomla! shines, once again. WordPress pulls us to our social senses. And MODx continues to collect the accolades.
* Meebo: Not Just a Pretty IM Tool
An underdog entering the multi-platform apps game can fetch.
* Is IBM Falling Behind in Content Management?
Drifting into the wild Big Blue yonder?
* Interview: FatWire CEO Discusses Web 2.0 Acquisition
FatWire CEO Yogesh Gupta speaks about the acquisition of Infostoria: right technology, right people, right time, right price.
* Salesforce Two-Times AppExchange with Hot Banana
Meeting the specific needs of its core customer base with a competitor's product. Puzzling indeed.
* Plain Speaking Works on the Web
Web users are not fools. Period. Gerry McGovern says keep it real.
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. The gist? CMS implementation is still tough. SharePoint, SharePoint, SharePoint! Open Source is fashionable, a great dancer, yet still threatening.
* Open Source Web CMS's Threaten Commercial Marketshare
* Easy Web User Controls for SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
* Bitnami: Free Open Source Content Mangement Stacks
* Umbraco Means dot NET Open Source CMS
* Open Source: Joomla CMS Dances Off the Mambo Floor
Looking to advance your career? Or has your org got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers? You're just in time to catch the best fish of the season in our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Core System Developer (PHP/Java)
at eZ Systems
* Outreach and Community Manager
at Six Apart
* Manager, Web Content Technology
at Epilepsy Foundation of America
* Instructional Designer
at The New School