All the twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Live coverage from the cmf2007 conference in Arhus
Lisa Welchman digs into the dark corners of Web Operations Management. Bob Boiko implores us to bring back the "I" in "IT". And eZ Systems takes home the Web Idol award, the deuxieme time.
* Alfresco Calls Nuxeo's Version Raise
The arms race between the open source enterprise cms vendors continues.
* Innovation in Education: Introducting iTunes University
Opening up the world of the classroom to the eyes of the public. For free.
* J.L. Halsey Decides A (Name) Change Would Do It Good
Musics & Lyris. One of the largest providers of marketing technology solutions changes it's name.
* SilverStripe Recruiting Cunning Linguists
It's easy to mingle when you're bilingual. Contribute your language skills and translate a module today.
* Waffles, Beer, and... Polopoly
Belgian media group Cornelio announces Polypoly as their long term partner in providing Web CMS functionality. I'll drink to that.
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. The gist? Battles among open source software. SharePoint, SharePoint, SharePoint! Social networking and the CMS universities choose.
* Case Study: Discovering Plone Content Management System (Part 2)
* Easy Nuxeo vs. Alfresco, How Do You Like Your OSS?
* Getting Started with SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
* UC Davis Web CMS Survey for Universities - Results
* WordPress Wins Best Social Networking CMS
Looking to advance your career? Or has your org got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers? You're just in time to catch the best fish of the season in our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director of Content Strategy
at The College Board
* Technical Journalist & Web Developer
at Congressional Quarterly
* Outreach and Community Manager
at Six Apart
* Customer Relationship Manager
at CMS Watch
* Product Manager (Sharepoint)
* Author Services Account Manager
at Federated Media Publishing, Inc.