The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Movable Type Goes Open Source; Released Today
. The bloggers are cheering. The staff are beaming. And we are upgrading...
* Credibility and Integrity in the World of Web 2.0
. Without it, your content becomes worthless.
* Red Hat + Alfresco == SharePoint Killer?
. We like the leader, but doubt the hypothesis. That said, Alfresco's certainly putting on a good show.
* Diplomas Handed to Four New Jumpboxes
. Meet the four new members of the graduating class from the JumpBox Proving Grounds.
* It's Official: SharePoint (MOSS) SP1 is Out the Door
. The first major updates for SharePoint 2007 and WSS 3.0 are out, live and straining the hard drives of servers everywhere. Have you upgraded yet?
* Open Text Pledges Allegiance to European Standard
. Unifying records management software practices and standards across Europe.
* Mochila Expands Online Syndication Network with New Partners and Services
. Best. Year. Ever. for the global online media marketplace.
* 7 Superfly Plugins for Wordpress
. Not as groovy as Curtis, but you know, not bad at all.
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. The gist? Open source projects are in the limelight and growing both in credibility and number. SharePoint is still queen despite many nipping at her flanks. Google has struck fear in the hearts of Web Content Management vendors everywhere.
* Nepalese Drupal Beginners Guide + 50 Tricks Not to Miss
* Movable Type 4.0 vs. Expression Engine 1.6
* Google to Step on Content Management Toes in 2008
* Do You Believe in a Flat-File Driven Content Management System?
Looking to advance your career? Or has your org got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers? You're just in time to catch the best fish of the season in our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Technical Lead (Content Management)
at Beaconfire Consulting
* Executive Product Manager
at BBC Future Media & Technology (FM&T), Journalism
* Director, Business Development
at National Public Radio
* Sr Java Developer (Content Management)
at Informative People Inc.
at National Women's Magazine
* Digital Project Manager
at Box New Media
* Advertising Operations Associate
at Gawker Media
* Online News Designer
at New York Times
* User Experience Researcher