The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
This week’s highlights include:
* Black Hole Sun Engulfs MySQL For US $1 Billion
. Sun becomes a major player in the enterprise database market, as well as one of the first major public companies to offer open-source software.
* Jakob Nielsen Dishes Up The Best Intranets 2008
. Learn the seven important considerations to establishing a good Intranet.
* TechCrunch on VC in MediaTech, Social Networking and the CIA
. The biggest deals, the most prolific investors and VC trends in new media.
* Yahoo! Signs up to OpenID
. Talk about momentum bumps -- how does adding a quick 248 million identities to pool sound?.
* What's Trendy in Content Management for 2008?
Oh how we love the oracles!
* Oracle is on a Buying Spree: BEA, Capitvation
. And speaking of oracles, why predict when you can just buy and control? "You're mine now!" ...says the man in the emerald towers.
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways.
* Why Isn't Linux Catching on?
* Movable Type 4.0 vs. Expression Engine 1.6
* One Collaboration Platform to Rule Them All?
* Exclusive: Interview with Drupal Founder Dries Buytaert
Looking to advance your career? Or has your org got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers? You're just in time to catch the best fish of the season in our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Web Manager
at Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
* Website Manager
at Namco Bandai Games
* Web Editor
at Wine Enthusiast Magazine
* Business Analyst
at Keane, Inc.
* Group Product Management
* Online Campaigns & Marketing Production Specialist
at Beaconfire Consulting