The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* VMWare Brings Toil and Trouble to EMC
Sharp losses but impressive gains. Duck and Cover?
* SharePoint's No Slouch -- Earns Microsoft $1 billion
. Flip over to the black side and SharePoint is Microsoft's billion dollar baby. Cha-ching. Now, if only they could get their licensing sorted out for Web Content Management. What a botch that is.
* Movable Type Advances Open Social Web with Action Streams
. Moving you one step closer to the open social web dream, Six Apart puts all your degrees of separation into one steady stream.
* Xythos Releases Software with Web 2.0 Capabilities
. Meet two new enterprise software suites, Xythos Enterprise Document Management and Digital Locker 7.0. We think you'll get along well.
* WSO2 Releases New Mashup Server on SOA Platform
. Combining the capabilities of developing "situational" mashups with the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) platform.
* MySpace vs Facebook: Dueling Developer Platforms
. They will support OpenSocial apps
, but oh goody, sounds like one more proprietary development platform. If so...boo!
* MessageGate Taking Secure Email Solutions to the UK
. God Save the Queen's Email!
* Web Professional: Are You Ready to Serve
? Gerry McGovern is back and educating you web-head aspirants. Service young men and women. It's not what you can do for your website, it's what your website can do for your customers. Live the mantra. Make mo' money.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Trends for 2008 and the best of CMS. And of course, yes, more and more SharePoint. Wee!
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* IBM’s Fight to Stop the SharePoint Proliferation
* Exclusive: Interview with Drupal Founder Dries Buytaert
* What's Trendy in Content Management for 2008?
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Vice President, Digital Trends & Strategy
at Warner Bros. Entertainment
* Strategic Content Manager
* Electronic Resources Editor
at American Health Information Management Association
* Information Management Business Analyst
at Kirkland & Ellis, LLP
* Marketing Associate - Content Management
* Web Developer
at Pitchfork Media Inc.