The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Report: Online Ad Spending to Rise 23% in 2008
. Proof that this Internet thing is finally catching on. Encouragement for us to purchase our second Nespresso machine.
* SaaS: Microsoft Rolls-out MOSS as a Service
. Inspiring everything from cheers of joy to cynical snickers to shivers of fear.
* ImpressCMS Project Releases Open Source CMS
. An ideal tool for both business and community users, from large enterprises to the casual blogger.
* IE8: Is Microsoft Breaking the Web?
. Shouldn’t companies do what they have to to bring their sites and applications up to what the standards are?
* No Small Task: Migrating Content to a New CMS
. It’s hard, it’s messy and very few organizations do it well.
* Microsoft Nabs Web Publishing Service Vendor
. Microsoft with Rapt is a jet plane, while Google is a bicycle. Snap.
* Content Wrangler Community: Where Content Geeks Connect
. Facebook for content pros. Finally.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* SharePoint Web Content Management Licensing was Botched
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Web Content Writer
at The Creative Group
* Business Development Manager
* Business Process Development Specialist
* Senior Copywriter
at Ubisoft Entertainment
* LAMP Software Engineer (Content Management)
* Senior Web Developer
at Massachusetts Medical Society
* Junior Software Developer (Web Projects)
at Magnolia International Ltd.