The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Future of Open Source Survey Results Announced
. The economy’s turbulence is “good” for open source and other crazy notions revealed.
* Quick Take Review: Hot Banana Web Content Management
. The ins and outs of the Lyris suite of marketing solutions.
* Packt Gives Over US$ 100k to Open Source Projects
. Dedicated to expanding new projects while sustaining open source technologies.
* AIIM: Organizations Still Don't Get Enterprise 2.0
. The biggest barrier appears to be corporate culture. Shocking.
* Giunti Labs Acquires HarvestRoad Hive Digital Repository
. Content management for learning and education.
* JumpBox Delivers Virtual Appliance Subscriptions
. Bringing simplicity, selection and time savings to the world of Open Source software.
* Resist Redesign
. Great websites are not redesigned. They are continuously improved.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* SharePoint Web Content Management Licensing was Botched
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Web Content Manager
at Converse College
* Sr Manager, Content and Community
at Adobe Systems
* Director of Product/Website Management
* Senior Technical Writer
at WASSER Studios
* Manager, Corporate Strategy
* Application Technical Designer
at American International Group (AIG)
* Technical Data Architect