The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* MOSS Adoption Exploding in Europe
. All aboard the Sharepoint bandwagon: Intent without application.
* Autonomy Beefs Up Their IDOL Search Platform
. New features include drag and drop personalization, video indexing, and intent-based ranking among others.
* Poll: Most Web Content is Crap
. The solution is clear: simple, fast-loading and functional websites that offer relevant content.
* Yahoo's New Site for Women is Shiny But Not Bright
. Topping the list of things that sound good but aren’t.
* O3Spaces Updated to Ease File Sharing and App Integration
. Gouda is not just a cheese, it's a hearty CMS.
* Move Over Lotus Notes, SharePoint is Filling Yer Shoes
. SharePoint is fast becoming the next IBM Lotus Notes -- and not in a good way.
* Blogging with SharePoint's Enhanced Blog Edition
. Offering blogging capabilities that provide a pretty advanced looking -- and functioning -- blog.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* SharePoint Web Content Management Licensing was Botched
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director of Project Management
at Seven Simple Machines
* Internet News Producer
at Waterman Broadcasting
* Director of Content
* Web Editor
at Smithsonian Magazine (online)
* Web Content Manager
at Converse College
* Market Data Infrastructure Architect
at Morgan Stanley
* Internet Product Manager
at AT&T: The Berry Company