The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Google Sites Now Open to Everyone
. Now, any registered Google user can sign up for a free website.
* The CODiE Awards - Clickability Makes the Grade!
. And the award for Best Content Management Solution goes to...
* Wetpaint Injected With Mega Investment Bucks
. US$ 25 million in venture capital funding for its new embeddable social publishing platform, Injected.
* HOW Design : Work Making Creativity
. Lessons in creativity and productivity from the HOW Design Conference in Boston.
* 10 Web 2.0 Conferences You Don’t Want to Miss
. Speaking of conferences, here's a list for all you 2.0 boondogglers out there...
* Zoho Rolls Out Carpet for Google, Yahoo Users
. Is this Zoho’s step towards the OpenID? Or a ploy to steal Google Apps users away?
* 5 Blogging Practices to Get You Noticed
. Five blogging practices that can help keep your little soapbox on the radar.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Popular CMS, and a whole mess of Sharepoint!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
* Web Content Management with SharePoint MOSS 2007 (Part 1)
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
* Movable Type 4.0 vs. Expression Engine 1.6
* Towards the Social Web: Ringside Seats for the Social Big Bang
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management industry job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director of User Experience
at NavigationalArts, LLC
* Zope Consultant
at Persel Gardner
* Senior Copywriter
at T3 - The Think Tank
* Social Advertising Designer
* Senior User Interface Designer
* Senior Editor, EverydayHealth.com
at Waterfront Media
* Interaction Designer
at Hotwire, Inc.