The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Outlook Dumped for Gmail? Time's Are a Changing
. Gmail will replace Outlook as the email application for over 1.3 million students.A big win for Google, a big loss for Microsoft.
* Can Drupal Play a Role in Enterprise 2.0?
. Drupal may struggle with enterprise adoption as a social software solution for two reasons, both of which can be overcome.
* How To: A Beginner's Guide to Building Web Widgets
. For those who love to play and live in the WWW sandbox, this article is for you.
* The Social Media Minute
. News moves so fast on the social media field, everyone needs a hand keeping up. Catch up on the top social media stories from the past few days.
* FatWire Provides Content Integration Services
. Making it easier to manage and access content across the messy, complex environments we often have to deal with.
* HTML 5 New Elements, New Draft, Update Report
. The W3C, like, OWNS the Web, man.
* The AP and Bloggers Agree to Disagree
. The AP vs. Blogger debacle has been resolved. Sort of.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? The web publishing business, hacking and security, Web 2.0 CMS and a whole mess of MOSS!
* Google Study: Print Ads Drive Online Purchases
. Lo and behold, print ad CTRs have a measurable pulse.
* New Report Cautions on Using SharePoint for Public Websites
. Is choosing SharePoint (MOSS) for your public website a nail in your professional coffin?
* What is Web 2.0 Content Management? (Part 1)
. Come on back for a refresher course.
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
Ning vs. MySpace. Oh what fun we're having.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* Running SharePoint on Windows Vista
. MOSS developers the world over are rejoicing.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Web Content Developer
at Thompson Reuters
* Business Analyst
* User Experience Architect and Analyst
at The Economist (New York)
* Web Technology Director
at Harvard Business Digital
* Director of Marketing Operations
* Senior Project Manager