The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Microsoft's Next Generation of Virtualization
. The beast has arrived and the speculation pours forth like wine.
* Transforming Blogs Into Conversations: Scoble, Silverlight and FriendFeed
. The Web conversation is shifting, with new applications defining new ways to maintain contact and enable faster, more targetted, more relevant communication.
* Released: Building Publishing Sites SharePoint 2007
. Covering the Web Content Management aspects of SharePoint in detail.
* Web CMS: Sitecore 6 - Customer Driven Usability
. Version 6.0 is a nice corner-rounding release.
* How to Approach Customer Service 2.0
. As Web 2.0 matures, the line between marketing and customer service is beginning to blur.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? The web publishing business, hacking and security, Web 2.0 CMS and a whole mess of MOSS!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
Ning vs. MySpace. Oh what fun we're having.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* Google Study: Print Ads Drive Online Purchases
. Lo and behold, print ad CTRs have a measurable pulse.
* Top 10 Disruptive Technologies According to Gartner
. No surprise that social computing and mashups make the list. But did they forget something?
* Dreamweaver CS4 Beta: A Review
. If you thought the CS3 releases of their program suites were great, wait until you see what Adobe Labs has been working on. The CS4 Beta’s are here.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Chief Technology Officer
at Money-Media (Financial Times of London)
* Social Media Strategist
* Technical Writer
* IT Project Manager
* Drupal Developer
at ImageX Media