The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* How To: Getting Started with Google's Website Optimizer
. The Google Website Optimizer now helps one test and optimize a website all in the comfort of a real live visitor base.
* Adobe Enables Flash Content to be Searchable
. Adobe make pages with Flash-created images more recognizable to search engines like Google and Yahoo!
* Yahoo Wants to be BOSS of Search
. Speaking of Yahoo! They want you to Build Your Own Search Service.
* Blogging 101: Which Blogging Software Do I Choose?
. We’ve put in a little spadework and here’s a quick guide through the woods for the rest of us.
* Build Your Sprout Flash Widget and Watch it Grow
. Create flash-based widgets, countdowns, minisites, mashups and more in an easy to use and navigate interface.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? The web publishing business, hacking and security, Web 2.0 CMS and a whole mess of MOSS!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
Ning vs. MySpace. Oh what fun we're having.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* Google Study: Print Ads Drive Online Purchases
. Lo and behold, print ad CTRs have a measurable pulse.
* 75 Bleeding-Edge Search Engines To Beat Google
. Differences aside, they all want to take a bite out of Google.com’s posterior.
* Web CMS: Sitecore 6 - Customer Driven Usability
. Version 6.0 is a nice corner-rounding release.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director - IT, Finance Transformation
at The Boeing Co.
* Web Analytics Manager
at OMP Inc.
* Consumer Web Content Editor
* Business Manager, Wireless & Telecom Marketing
* Web Administrator
at New York University