The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Selfish, Mean, Impatient Customers
. Half the customers who come to you website wanting to buy something leave without doing so. What's up with that?
* Clickability is Hot According to JMP Securities' Hot 100
. Listed as one of the most promising private companies in the software industry, SaaS is a major trend this year. Clickability is on that ball.
* The Voting Booths are Open for the 2008 Open Source CMS Awards
. With Drupal pushing out Joomla last year, will they keep their spot?…will WordPress be awarded again?
* Mochila Gets Progressive at Netroots Nation
. Mochila joins forces with Obama Girl.
* KickApps is Expanding Operations into the UK
. In addition to opening their UK office, KickApps is also extending it’s Akamai partnership into the UK and Europe.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? The web publishing business, hacking and security, Web 2.0 CMS and a whole mess of MOSS!
* 75 Bleeding-Edge Search Engines To Beat Google
. Differences aside, they all want to take a bite out of Google.com’s posterior.
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
Ning vs. MySpace. Oh what fun we're having.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* Google Apps Go Mobile, Starting with iPhone
. What does Safari 3 have to do with Office applications on the iPhone?
* Web CMS: Sitecore 6 - Customer Driven Usability
. Version 6.0 is a nice corner-rounding release.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director of Public Relations
* New Media Coordinator
at America's Rights at Work
* Senior Business Editor
* Business Analyst, IT
* Front End Engineer