The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Alfresco Launches Full Frontal SharePoint (MOSS) Assault
. Anything SharePoint can do, Alfresco can do with open source. Read on.
* Cuil Is Not the Google Killer It Would Like to Be
. There may be a bright search engine future ahead of Cuil, but not at this point in time.
* Survey: Most Popular Open Source CMS
. Joomla! is leading the pack by the number of Google’s Blog Search entries -- which can be nothing but a mere correlation to Joomla!’s summer release of new versions.
* Content Migrations: Options, Strategies and Faux Pas
. Whether you are migrating content from an existing CMS, a file structure or a blog, there are a number of things you need to think about, plan for and decide upon.
* News You Can Use
. In an age of attention deficit and impatience, news created on organizational websites and intranets needs to be brutally action-oriented and to-the-point. It needs to help people do things.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? The web publishing business, hacking and security, Web 2.0 CMS and a whole mess of MOSS!
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* 75 Bleeding-Edge Search Engines To Beat Google
. Differences aside, they all want to take a bite out of Google.com’s posterior.
* Google Apps Go Mobile, Starting with iPhone
. What does Safari 3 have to do with Office applications on the iPhone?
* Is Ning The Next Facebook or MySpace?
Ning vs. MySpace. Oh what fun we're having.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* EMC Documentum Releases v6.5 Full of Web 2.0
. A “balance between business agility and IT control”.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
. Featured Jobs:
* Director, Business Development
* Website and Content Manager
at Cornell University
* Web Producer / Content Manager
at Zend Technologies
* Research Analyst
* Drupal Developer
at Amherst Community Television