The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Google Apps Now Syncs with Enterprise Directory Services Google has announced Google Apps Directory Sync — the ability to provision users and groups from your own internal directory services be it Active Directory, Lotus Domino or another LDAP solution with your Googe Apps accounts.
- State of the Project Report: Plone Web CMS. The Plone project has reached new levels of maturity.
- An Affordable SharePoint Alternative? Looks like Alfresco isn't the only vendor offering a SharePoint alternative. Australian vendor Intranet Dashboard says they have the perfect alternative to SharePoint, offering an all in one solution for creating Intranets, Extranets and portals.
- 5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Web Copy. It’s the Web, right? So it’s supposed to be sticky. Fortunately, there are simple ways to ensure visitors “stick around” your website.
- J Boye: Oxford University Brings CMS Change to Tradition. Oxford's centuries of immutable traditions aren't just old musty rituals that get in the way: they're the reason Oxford has persisted even as so many other institutions have perished. But what if change is essential or even critical?
- Oracle Buzzes with Updates for its Beehive Collaboration Platform. Beehive was launched in October last year to give Oracle some leverage in the booming collaboration tools market. What does its big update have to offer to make you look away from the other solutions on the market?
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, the Swine Flu and social computing.
- Open Text Enters Agreement to Buy Vignette Enterprise CMS. Canadian-based enterprise content management vendor Open Texthas reached a deal to buy Vignette Corporation for US$ 310 million.
- Swine Flu, H1N1 Virus, Novel Flu. Governments around the world are doing everything they can to rename swine flu. They will not succeed and will end up misinforming the public.
- SharePoint Online (SaaS) Review - What it is and Isn't. With the number of on-premise SharePoint installs going no where but up, one has to wonder why Microsoft has also gone to the trouble of building an online (SaaS) version.
- SharePoint Service Pack 2 - Helping Prepare for SharePoint 2010. Just like they said, Microsoft released the Office Service Pack 2 on April 28. In that service pack are a number of improvements and bug fixes for both SharePoint Server 2007 and WSS. We offered the hightlights earlier, now we look a little deeper.
- 8 Must Read Articles - Social Computing in the Enterprise. We offer you 8 articles on social computing, some focused on the plan, some focused on the technical solution. Both will provide you plenty of information to focus on your plans.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.