The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Microsoft to Rename Groove as SharePoint Workspace: Microsoft Groove 2007 - the collaboration and document sharing software for small teams working online and offline — is getting a new name: SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Collaboration Service Drops Simple Presentation App: present.io, the newest feature from the private, real-time sharing and collaboration solution provider drop.io, is an application which enables users to set up a multiple participant screen sharing presentation.
- Quick Take Review: Adobe Contribute for Micro Publishing: We’ve been keeping tabs on developments in the desktop web content authoring and management tool business and Adobe caught our attention anew just recently. Their release of Creative Suite 4, including Contribute v5.0 sparked hope that we might find a wonderful desktop tool in which to while away our days.
- A Third Wave of Web CMS Vendors Hits North America: The 17th edition of CMS Watch's independent research report on Web Content Management: Web CMS Report 2009 notes that there is another wave of web content management vendors from Europe entering the North America market.
- MS Web Platform Installer Hits 1.5 Million Product Downloads Released to the public in January of this year, Microsoft has announced that the Web Platform Installer has reached 1.5 million product downloads.
- SharePoint 2010: Preparing Your Infrastructure It's getting closer. SharePoint 2010 that is. And now that the dates are all out in the open, Microsoft is offering us information to get our infrastructure ready.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, social networking or web analytics?
- Open Text: Why They Wanted to Buy Vignette: While many in the enterprise content management industry seem a bit baffled by this decision, Open Text's President and CEO, John Shackleton believes it was a good choice. Here's why.
- SharePoint Online (SaaS) Review - What it is and Isn't: SharePoint Online isn't for everyone. While it offers a nice bit of functionality that will support many organization's collaboration and document management needs, there are some things you can't do and you should be aware of these before you sign up
- SharePoint 2010: Preparing Your Infrastructure: It's getting closer. SharePoint 2010 that is. And now that the dates are all out in the open, Microsoft is offering us information to get our infrastructure ready. (hmmm...didn't I mention this one already?)
- J Boye: Web Analytics and User Experience, A Match Made in Heaven?: At the 2009 J. Boye Philadelphia conference, Lou Rosenfeld called for web analysts and user experience people to work more closely together. The result? A solid basis for identifying the right design questions, and the power of surprise and vision brought to data.
- CubeTree: Social Networking for the Enterprise CubeTree: A new-ish collaboration suite designed specifically to bridge the gap between the social Web and the enterprise by offering users the best of both worlds.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Lead Technical Writer at PaperThin
- Senior Quality Assurance Analyst at Open Text
- Research Analyst at Aberdeen Group
- Manager, Application Development at Ning
- Business Development Director – Content Management at Nstein Technologies
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- 4th Intranet & Portals Forum 2009 Conference May 28, 29 in Amsterdam, EMEA
- Shifting Your Focus: Content as Conversation Webinar May 28, 2009
- Plone Symposium East 2009 May 28, 29 in State College, PA
- Gilbane San Fransisco 2009 Conference June 2-4, 2009
- Mobile Web 2.0 Summit June 3,4 in London