The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
XOOPS Wins 2008 OSSContest Award. XOOPS, the PHP and MySQL based Web CMS, is hitting the news again. This time XOOPS China has won the main award for excellence in creative application at the annual China OSSContest.
Crazy Egg Gets an Update, Drops Free Trial. Regardless of the global economic uncertainty, online advertising is not going anywhere. Why? One word: analytics.
Mid-Market DAM Solutions Lacking in Numbers. When it comes to Digital Asset Management, most of the players are divided between low-end solutions and high-end solutions.
Kakuteru: Lifestreaming and Blogging Unite (For Real). You say (exasperatedly): Another lifestreaming service? Really?
XMetaL Polishes XML Authoring for Documentum's Webtop GUI. If your problem is authoring XML content via Webtop -- Documentum's web-based GUI for accessing EMC Documentum repository -- JustSystems has a solution.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Microsoft, W3C, technology predictions for 2009, SaaS CMS trends and more.
- Gartner: 2009 Top 10 Strategic Technologies At the recent Gartner Symposium/ITxpo, Gartner analysts presented their insights into the top 10 technologies and trends to rule the world in 2009.
- Top 10 eDiscovery Trends for 2009 The folks at Clearwell Systems, whose platform works to streamline the eDiscovery process, have looked into their crystal ball and have offered a few predictions for the new year.
- Microsoft's New Open Source Web CMS. Yes, Microsoft has SharePoint. And it's the most talked about and controversial content management system out there today. Everyone seems to have it. Many actually use it.
- Why Would EMC Grab Open Source SourceLabs? Why would a highly-diversified Enterprise CMS technology corporation with licensing revenues in the billions of dollars be interested in a tiny company that specializes in support software for open source projects?
- 2009 Trends in SaaS Web Content Management. Our friends at CMS Watch recently announced their take on trends in SaaS Web Content Management for 2009.
- Microsoft Keeps Embracing Open Source, Digs PHP Microsoft's Open Source Technology Center (OSTC) is home to the software vendor's relationships with a few open source products such as MySQL and SugarCRM. The OSTC has been hard at work lately -- especially, in the web application space.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Tech Blogger/Journalist (contract) at CMSWire.com
- Experienced Sales Manager at Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Lead Software Development Eng in Test at Microsoft
- User Interface Designer & Developer at Congressional Quarterly