The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Open Text Goes for Sizzling Experiences With Vizible Acquisition. Open Text announced yet another acquisition. Not as material as some of the previous ones, this one falls in a different category -- a quest for "sizzling technology."
- Microsoft's Quest for Interoperability and Open Standards. When an open source advocate, open standards advocate, or, well, pretty much anyone that competes with Microsoft sees an extended hand from the software giant toward better interoperability, they tend to look and see if the other hand's holding a spiked club.
- CrownPeak Targets Marketers with New CMS Features. The latest release of CrownPeak CMS sports multiple new features designed to make CRM and web content management easier. If campaigns, lead conversions, tracking and revenue generation are part of your lexicon, CrownPeak has news for you.
- Web CMS Budgets Increasing But Content is Still King.
- Social Web Analytics with Telligent's Harvest Reporting Server. Let's talk about social computing. Or we can talk about communities. Or we can talk about enterprise 2.0 and social networking, blogging, forums, wikis, what have you.
- AIIM 2009: A Story About Economy and ROI. For those of you who missed last week's AIIM content management conference in Philadelphia, here’s a little recap. It was actually a conference about the recession.
- FileNet Integrates a New XML Editor for Non-Techies. Another new coupling in the Content Management industry has just been announced. This time it's between IBM and Quark, a vendor of publishing software.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, open source and CMSs.
- Taking a Closer Look at Microsoft's Ms-PL Open Source License. The rumors are true. Microsoft has an official open source license that was approved by the Open Source Initiative (OSI).
- Gartner's Five Tactical Actions for Content Management in 2009. Gartner talks to a lot of organizations about content management and they are finding that in this tough economic climate clients aren't sure where to go with enterprise content management.
- CMS Selection - Death to the Features Matrix. Once the requirements collection and product evaluation phases are complete, the most difficult part of a CMS selection process starts.
- 7 Must Read Articles - SharePoint in the Enterprise. Here's a collection of must read articles for managers dealing with SharePoint/MOSS in the enterprise.
- Ruby on Rails Playing in the Open Source Web CMS Market. There is another small OS CMS market -- those written in Ruby on Rails (RoR).
- State of the ECM Industry 2009: Content Still a Challenge. AIIM has released its annual State of the ECM Industry research report. And although the term Enterprise Content Management was coined about eight years ago, the research findings are still not very optimistic in some areas.
- Project Management with SharePoint Gets a Boost. BrightWork, Inc. today announced the availability of version 7.0 of pmPoint, their tool for leveraging SharePoint specifically for project and program management.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Research Analyst at Aberdeen Group
- Financial Analyst at Amdocs
- Project Manager Guru at KGB
- Product Marketing Manager at Nuxeo