The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- SharePoint Gets Search Intelligence. Ontolica is a search solution for SharePoint and Surfray has just announced the latest version.
- Drupal Gardens Screencast of Theme Builder and Export Tools. At DrupalCon Paris, Acquia announced a new service that helps people create, configure, and launch a Drupal 7 site with relative ease.
- Free Document Management Solution Aimed at Engineering Industries. A new Portuguese-based document management software provider has come up with what has to be one of the cheapest — if not the cheapest — product on the market.
- EPiServer CMS Integrates Marketing and Sales Engine. EPiServer, on its ongoing quest in "the new era of the Engaged Web," has news for marketers, who are looking to deliver dynamic, personalized, optimized and measurable web experiences.
- WordPress Under Attack! Upgrade Now or Forever Live in Fear. The particularly nasty worm has been quietly making its way into old versions of WordPress and wreaking tons of havoc.
- Socialtext Lets You Collaborate on Your Smartphone. Socialtext brings collaboration to your smartphone with Socialtext Mobile, allowing secure microblogging and staff communication on the go.
- Living on the Edge of Global Web Content Management Crisis. If you were still not quite convinced that global content management is a pretty big deal nowadays, take a look at the latest research saying that 35% of companies surveyed have more than 10 websites with almost 50% of those published in over 5 languages.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Ugly websites, CMS reviews and Joomla!
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews. What's surprising is that this issue is true even for such popular solutions as Drupal and Joomla.
- The Ugliest Website in the World. Craigslist breaks all marketing and branding rules. In fact, it doesn't market or brand or sell itself at all.
- 5 Must-Read Web CMS Reviews. Here are 5 must read Web CMS reviews covering Umbraco, Day CQ5, Vivvo CMS, SharePoint Online and Digitalus. All are different, yet quite interesting in their special ways.
- Need Joomla! Templates? Look No Further. After some pretty hard googling to save you the time of some pretty hard googling, here are the top Joomla! templates resources we found
- Open Text Starts Vocalizing Vignette Plans.Open Text has finally revealed a bit more information about what the giant plans to do with its multiple WCM offsprings.
- Rich Media Revolution in Web Content Management: Are You Ready? With greater competition, more organizations have come under the increasing pressure to facilitate effective use of rich media content.
- How to Engage Your Audience Through Web Content. It goes without saying that we are increasingly betting our businesses on our websites. They represent us, who we are and what we stand for.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Associate Creative Director / Writer at Weber Marketing Group
- Inside Sales / Lead Generation Representative at Clearwell Systems
- UI Designer at Zendesk
- User Interface Designer at Claromentis
- Marketing Assistant at AvePoint
- Sales Manager at BAInsight
- Lead Development & Inside Sales Representative at Kazeon Systems
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- IDEA Conference 2009 -- Sep 15-16 (Toronto, Canada)
- Collaborate Conference 2009 -- Sep 24-25 (Huntsville, AL)
- Future of Web Apps - London 09 -- Sep 30-Oct 2 (London, UK)
- Open World Forum Paris 2009 -- Oct 1-2 (Paris)
- Adobe MAX 2009 -- Oct 4-7 (Los Angeles, CA)
- IFRA Expo 2009 -- Oct 12-15 (Vienna, Austria)