The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- The Converging Paths of Search, eDiscovery and Enterprise CMS. Enterprise content management is always a hot topic. It gets even hotter when you start talking about mergers and acquisitions.
- DAMP Stack Installer Gets Drupal Newbies All Wet. With this package, you can download one item, double click and install all of the necessary components to get the Drupal Web CMS up and running.
- (Interview) FatWire and the Web CMS Market . In a year that has seen falling revenues across the technology field, the content management sector has witnessed healthy returns as some companies report earnings and market growth.
- Next For the Enterprise: Social Business Software Suites. Jive has been in the communities/social software space for over eight years now, starting back when the spirit of reaching out and collaborating hadn't started to take hold.
- Blogging Made Easier with Adobe Contribute. Like most tech folks, we at CMSWire are fans of Macromedia’s all-encompassing software offerings, but Adobe Contribute especially tickles our fancy.
- SharePoint Gets Smart Accessibility Capabilities. In partnership with Microsoft, HiSoftware has developed an Accessibility Toolkit for SharePoint.
- Magnolia CMS Blooms at Supersonic Speed with v4.0. In addition to production-ready functionality, Magnolia’s latest release delivers content presentation that follows accessibility guidelines, is search-engine optimized and introduces support for mobile devices.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Alfresco, MOSS and open source CMS.
- Study Finds SharePoint Primarily Used for File Sharing. A study by AIIM and Information Architected reveals many of the same common themes on the use of SharePoint. It's widely implemented, but not used to its fullest extent.
- Under the Covers: Alfresco's SharePoint Services (WSS) Killer. SharePoint, dear SharePoint. We talk about this business collaboration tool — sometimes called an enterprise content management system — on almost a daily basis. You either love it, hate it, integrate with it or try to replace it. Alfresco has chosen the last option.
- Enterprises Want Social Computing, Not Just Another Facebook. Enterprises are getting smarter about how social computing solutions can be leveraged and they are much more resistant to the belief that Facebook-like participation is possible or even necessary.
- Digitalus CMS: Open Source and (Mostly) Simple. Some of Digitalus features are strikingly simple, others definitely call for some geeky brains.
- Multi-site Management with Drupal, Plone and Joomla! Open source web content management systems are starting to gain some traction in the enterprise as the ever growing need to be cost conscience continues.
- Drupal as the Dominant Web Platform? No Way. This is a tall order. As our readers know, the web content management system market is a crowded one.
- No MOSS Required: Free Web CMS Built on SharePoint Services. Well this is kind of interesting. Do you have SharePoint Services (WSS) up and running, but would really like to have some web publishing capabilities on top of it?
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.