The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
* Enterprise CMS Socialism: Documentum Supports CMIS
. Are you tired of hearing of this draft CMIS thing yet? Content management software companies aren’t.
* Joomla! Release 1.5.8 is All About Bug Fixes
. The Joomla! Bug Squad, with the help of the Joomla! community, has been striving to make Joomla! the best it can be.
* Visual Studio 2010 Eases Web, Cloud Development
. There are tons of new improvements expected, along with a rumor that SharePoint development will get much easier.
* Razuna: Open Source Digital Asset Management (DAM)
. Open source DAM anyone? It has arrived -- an open source enterprise-level DAM system named Razuna.
* Google Goes Virtual with Search Appliance
. There are a number of organizations today that use the Google Search Appliance. And why not, it’s a solution in a box that is relatively easy to use.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn’t get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So what was your fancy? Hacking and security, Google Apps and maps, choices, results and strategies.
* How They Hack Your Website: Overview of Common Techniques
. Defense is your best offense. Know the basics.
* Google Apps Go Mobile, Starting with iPhone
. What does Safari 3 have to do with Office applications on the iPhone?
* Gartner: 2009 Top 10 Strategic Technologies
. These technologies impact the organization’s long-term plans, programs and initiatives.
* Google Maps Get Better Eyesight With GeoEye-1
. There is a new eye in the sky.
* Results: Most Popular CMS in Technorati's Top 100
. What micro publishers are using today.
* Harvard Hack Betrays Joomla! Vulnerabilities?
Ever trouble over just how hackers do it? Unfortunately, it’s no big secret.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board
* ActionScript Engineer (ActionScript Assassin)
* Sr. Software Engineer, Content Management
* Senior Web Developer
at Navajo Company Inc.