The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Survey: 55% Experiencing SharePoint Infrastructure Pain. IDG Research probed the experiences and concerns of CIOs and tech managers. It's not all pretty. Here's where the current SharePoint pains are.
- Parsing Gartner's 2009 Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management. The latest Magic Quadrant from analyst firm Gartner ranks Web CMS products and highlights market trends.
- IBM Brings Analytics to eDiscovery. IBM unwraps new Enterprise Content Management technology. This time is new intelligence for eDiscovery, and GRC managers are happy.
- Bridgeline's SaaS Platform Strategy Grows More Profitable. Pursuing a dual strategy of SaaS platform development and numerous small acquisitions, Bridgeline Software is succeeding to make profits while many stumble.
- Report: Implementing Enterprise 2.0, a Practical Guide. Ah yes, practical. That's a word we like. Have a look at this bit of down to earth advice.
- Microsoft and Nokia Partner for Mobile Productivity Solutions. The online and mobile office space is getting spicier as MS and Nokia band together.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Egocentricity, the "Best CMS" hypothesis and of course, the future of this industry.
- Nobody Cares About Your Website. It's true. We don't care either, but that's not the point. Don't miss this facile yet important reminder.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Ah, the never ending debate continues. Be sure to share your thoughts too!
- Consolidation in the Enterprise Content Management Industry - Who Will Be Next - Autonomy or Open Text? Part I. The next frontier of productivity will come from the unstructured data that includes your emails, you-tube videos, word document, power point presentations, pictures, etc.
- SharePoint 2007 Content Migration, A Case Study. Migrating content into a SharePoint system is no cup of tea. Read this practical case study for tips.
- Microsoft Wave Smashes Google Wave, or Not. Microsoft's absolutely random decision to use Microsoft Wave as the name of a new project — not long after the Google Wave announcement — confuses many and irritates more. But it sure does generate some publicity. Here's what the splash is about.
- Webtrends 9 Reinvents Web Analytics Story Telling. Webtrends 9 has been officially released today, and with it comes a new model of web analytics story telling.
- Nielsen: Ready or Not, Here Comes Enterprise 2.0. Nielsen went straight to various companies -- from Sprint to IBM to Johnson & Johnson -- to see how they are dealing with the increasing expectation that Web 2.0 will drive Enterprise 2.0. The quick answer, they’re not.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Sr Enterprise CMS Field Sales Executive at SpringCM
- Senior Consultant / Magnolia Expert at Magnolia
- Product Marketing Manager at Bridgeline Software
- Web Architect Instructor at Sitecore
- Global Product Manager CMS at CoreMedia AG
- Services & Solutions Sales Executive at Xerox
- Customer Satisfaction Engineer at Day Software
- WordPress Administrator at TechCrunch
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Webinar: Critical SharePoint Optimizations for Enterprise Infrastructure -- Aug 26 (online)
- Day Software CQ5 Seminar -- Aug 25 (New York)
- Drupalcon Paris 2009 -- Sep 1 (Paris, France)
- X Change Web Analytics Conference -- Sep 9 (San Francisco)
- IDEA Conference 2009 -- Sep 15-16 (Toronto, Canada)
- Adobe MAX 2009 -- Oct 4-7 (Los Angeles)