The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- 6 Things to Consider When Selecting A Digital Asset Management Solution. Becoming aware of an issue is one thing. Choosing a solution is another.
- Gartner: Top Technology Predictions for 2010 and Beyond. Ready for some more predictions? Gartner got them.
- WCM Field Notes: Give Open Source A Chance. There seems to be a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt surrounding open source content management these days.
- More Acronym Wars: Kill GRC? Back in December we remarked about the trouble with generic acronyms and what they contribute (if anything) to web content management. This year the same argument unfolds around another acronym, GRC.
- Alfresco Enterprise CMS Cozies Up With IBM Lotus. Alfresco got friendly with IBM Lotus today via a (soon to be available) integration of the Alfresco Enterprise CMS with IBM Lotus Quickr, Lotus Notes, Lotus Connections and WebSphere Portal.
- #LF2010 How to Assemble the Right Project Team. At this year’s Empower 2010, Christy Richardson, Pulte’s very own Director of Web Systems, schooled us on how it all starts with putting together the right project team.
- Drupal 7 Alpha Released, Call for Testers. Drupal 7 much anticipated, is now out in Alpha 1 release and the call for testers is upon us.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Open source, eDiscovery and SharePoint.
- Ektron Closes 2009 With 38% in Web CMS Sales Growth. Ektron released some of its 2009 financials and announced sales growth of over 38%. That’s about the only number released by the privately-held Web CMS vendor, so now onto the end-of-year highlights, of course.
- Drupal vs Joomla: Which CMS is Best? Anyone trying to evaluate open source content management systems is aware that there aren't a lot of recent, useful comparative reviews.
- Alert: What's Coming In Open Source CMS In 2010. Rather than blindly putting out an update for January, we thought we'd look farther ahead into what everyone wants to accomplish throughout next year. Call it our open source 2010 predictions with less guesswork and high hopes.
- Gartner Provides Advice on the eDiscovery Vendor Landscape. Contained in this year’s MarketScope for E-Discovery Software Product Vendors report, Gartner estimates that revenue in worldwide enterprise eDiscovery software was US$ 808 million in 2008, with an annual growth rate from here on in of 21% to 2013.
- Installing SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7. One of the best kept secrets from Microsoft regarding SharePoint 2010 was something that SharePoint developers around the world were for crying for: the ability to run SharePoint on a desktop environment and not a VM.
- Sitecore Ends 2009 with Slew of New, Updated Products and Record Revenues. If coffee is for closers, then Sitecore is certainly jacked up on caffeine.
- Choosing a CMS: Plone and Its Competition. Martin Aspeli of the Plone project recently sat down and evaluated a "whole slew" of web content management systems.
- SharePoint vs Alfresco: A Platform Perspective. In our February article entitled Under the Covers: Alfresco's SharePoint Services (WSS) Killer we looked at Alfresco's take on providing basic document and collaboration services for free. Alfresco's project is called Alfresco Share.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- Web Marketing Manager at AWHONN
- Sales Engineer at Snowbound Software
- Inside Sales (Entry Level) at CentralDesktop
- Senior PERL Engineer at Visible Technologies
- Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer at TERMINALFOUR
- Perl Developer at BuzzFeed
- Webmaster/Graphic Designer at The Cleantech Group
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our Industry Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.
- Entrepreneur Magazine's Growth 2.0 Conference -- Jan 26 (Miami, FL)
- Agile Edge - Agile for Ebusiness -- Feb 9 (London, UK)
- O'Reilly Where 2.0 2010 -- March 30 - April 1 (San Jose, CA)
- Drupalcon San Francisco 2010 -- April 19-21 (San Francisco, CA)
- CMS Expo 2010 (Evanston) -- May 3-5 (Evanston, IL)
- Cloud Computing Congress Asia -- June 24 (Kuala Lumpur, Singapore)