The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Is the Future of Web 2.0 in the Enterprise? Web 2.0 has been around for awhile and Web 3.0, although continually evolving, has officially given birth. Is what's next Web 2.5 or Web 4.0?
- Open Source CMS Fan? Thank These Folks! Learn who the top ten individuals l2admin feels have contributed the most acreage of broad shoulders to open source are.
- Improved Search in Open Text's Digital Asset Management Solution. Open Text
- Deploying Drupal Just Got Easier. Those Drupal administrators who need to stage or otherwise copy Drupal configurations from one server to another should run out and give the Drupal Deploy module a try.
- Writing Killer Web Headings and Links. It's vital to get the first couple of words exactly right when writing effective web headings and links.
- New Document Imaging Software Increases Efficiency. eCopy is back with two new software products that are said to jazz up document scanning -- another highly supported effort -- on all new levels.
- Microsoft's PubCenter Steps Up, Rivals Google AdSense. Last summer, Microsoft tossed Microsoft PubCenter to the wolves (beta testers) to see how it would do. Recently, some extremely positive feedback has surfaced.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint, WebTrends and open source.
- It's Official - A New Name and Delivery Date for the Next Version of SharePoint. Finally. Microsoft has come forward with some news about the next version of SharePoint.
- 5 Must Read Articles on Open Source CMS. At a time of tight budgets and whispers of interoperability are everywhere, open source is something you can't ignore.
- Wonder What's Coming in Next Version of SharePoint? Thought so. Unfortunately we don't have the answers — at least not any you probably haven't heard already. But there are others who are starting to offer up what they believe SharePoint "14" will and won't have. We thought it interesting enough to pass along.
- 7 Must Read Articles - SharePoint in the Enterprise. Here's a collection of must read articles for managers dealing with SharePoint/MOSS in the enterprise.
- Vignette Tries Subscription-Based Licensing Model. Ever thought Vignette was way too expensive for your content management heart's desires? Now, there may be a way to rethink this.
- WebTrends' New Approach to Web Analytics. Since Alex Yoder took over the reins as CEO at WebTrends in August, the company has been on an active campaign to make itself over.
- Gartner's Five Tactical Actions for Content Management in 2009. Gartner offered a little advice in the form of five tactical considerations that should provide immediate impact and benefits for your organization in 2009. None are surprising, all will have an impact.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Senior Content Developer at Marriott International
- Implementation Analyst at DocFinity (Optical Image Technology, Inc)
- Senior Quality Assurance Analyst at Open Text
- Product Manager at Kofax