The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- Top 5 Blogging Platforms for Macs. If you crave a desktop blogging tool rather than a browser-based interface to help you write your cool posts, CMSWire offers a few suggestions.
- Your Website Can Thrive in a Recession. Properly managed, your website is the most cost-effective environment in which your customers can complete their tasks.
- LiveMesh Steals Crunchie from Facebook, Google and Yahoo. LiveMesh, released earlier this year by Microsoft and still in beta, picked up a major award at the 2008 Crunchies
- Telligent, Jive Top the List of Community Platforms. Forrester kicks of 2009 with their review of the latest community platforms. The top contenders are not really surprising, considering the market the review was based on.
- SpringCM Named a 'Hot Company to Watch' The title of this article says it all, doesn't it? The folks over at SpringCM are probably jumping up and down right now, since they've just been considered a very promising company by Forrester Research.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Vignette, EMC, technology predictions for 2009, Facebook vs. MySpace and more.
- Who's Working on Vignette 7.6 After the Layoffs? Vignette is proud to announce a new version of its content management suite. Unfortunately, there are fewer people available to support it than there were before Christmas.
- EMC Expects Record Revenue, Plans to Axe Heads. The preliminary results show expected revenue of approximately US$ 4 billion, which is approximately 8% revenue growth over Q3 2008, and 4% growth over the same period a year ago.
- Gartner: 2009 Top 10 Strategic Technologies. At the recent Gartner Symposium/ITxpo, Gartner analysts presented their insights into the top 10 technologies and trends to rule the world in 2009.
- A New Wiki for MOSS Beats the Built-In Version. KWizCom says their KWizCom SharePoint 2007 Wiki Plus is just what the enterprise ordered.
- Facebook vs MySpace, Who Wins? Ask Your Optometrist. At long last, the Comscore year-end numbers for the major social networks are available. The numbers indicate Facebook, already the worldwide leader, is on track to overtake MySpace for unique visitors in the US by 2010.
- Quick Take Review: Clover Web Content Management. Their website says it all: Clover CMS is a simple web content management system.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.
- Jr. Content Management/Designer at Winmax Systems Corporation.
- Program Manager at Microsoft
- Support Consultant for Norwegian and International Customers at eZ Systems
- Web Architect at Synacor