The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. Coming down the pike is the latest version of Microsoft's SharePoint. Here's an early peek.
- Nuxeo Galaxy: Extending Enterprise CMS to CEVAs. Nuxeo, being quite a busy bee lately, launched their Galaxy Program. No, astronautical adventures are not included.
- Plone Web CMS Update - What's Coming in v4. Following the PLIP process, the Plone 4 Framework Team has polished off their list of what's to be included in this release.
- A Quickie with Microsoft Office 2010. The ol' suite is most certainly a seasoned player, which, so far, has proved its ability to keep up with the changing times.
- Hannon Hill Updates Web CMS to v6.2, Improvements Aplenty. After only a month of testing Cascade Server 6.2 Beta, which was released on June 9th, the official release of v6.2 incorporates all the major changes in the beta version plus a few fixes.
- Mark Logic Launches New Application Services, Updates Core Software. World, meet both MarkLogic Server 4.1 and MarkLogic Application Services 1.0.
- New Software Glues Alfresco Enterprise CMS to Scalable Storage. It was inevitable that tighter integration between the two was on the way, and yesterday they formally announced the launch of the Alfresco2CAStor connector between the two platforms.
- Socialtext Offers Cheap Microblogging for Your Intranet. Take a look at the new Socialtext Microblogging Appliance. It’s like Twitter for your Intranet, and it’s only a dollar per user, per month.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? SharePoint 2010, Social Media and Drupal SEO.
- SharePoint 2010, A Business Collaboration Platform. Now Microsoft gives us a bird's eye view into what SharePoint 2010 is really going to look and behave like. Time to take a little tour.
- More Moms Ditch Magazines, Turn to Social Media. Once, all that was needed to identify a mom was her jeans. Now, it's her twitter handle.
- Drupal SEO - 5 Must Do Configurations. Some people say that system X is better than system Y for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes. This may be true to some degree. But I've never seen a serious Web CMS project that expected to use the software without any configuration or modifications.
- Open Atrium: A Drupal Based Intranet Ecosystem. Open Atrium, now officially in its public Beta phase, is an open source starter intranet package that includes popular tools like blogs, wikis, a calendar, to-do lists, a ticketing system and microblogging.
- SharePoint 2010: Developer and IT Professional Outtakes.
- Microsoft Silverlight and Expression Hit the Big 3 Mark. What's new under the hood of Silverlight 3 and Expression 3.
- WordPress 2.9 Takes Aim at Multi Media. Things are moving pretty quickly in the Web CMS world, as usual. Accordingly, hot on the heels of WordPress 2.8 comes an announcement about 2.9.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our on our content management job board.
- CTO with Drupal experience needed in San Francisco at Drupal Staffing
- Jr. Drupal CMS Engineer at North American Travel Journalist Assoc
- Drupal Developers needed in San Francisco (relocation ok) at Drupal Staffing
- Software Engineer - Knowledge Management at Amazon
- Visual Designer at Lime Wire
Whether Traveling or Virtual, There are Events to Attend
Wondering how to spend your time in the next few weeks or months? Attend a conference or maybe just a webinar or two. Have a look at our new Events Calendar to see what's happening in your area.